Server times out - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Server times out - Mozilla ; As of this morning Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 began operating erratically, the main symptom being that the server usually but not alweays times out before downloading the incoming mail. Since an identical Mozilla works perfectly on my llaptop I'm thoroughly confused. ...

  1. Server times out

    As of this morning Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 began operating
    erratically, the main symptom being that the server usually but not
    alweays times out before downloading the incoming mail. Since an
    identical Mozilla works perfectly on my llaptop I'm thoroughly
    confused. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't seem
    to help.

    N. Miller
    nm1921@gmail.com

  2. Re: Server times out

    nm1921@gmail.com wrote:
    > As of this morning Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 began operating
    > erratically, the main symptom being that the server usually but not
    > alweays times out before downloading the incoming mail. Since an
    > identical Mozilla works perfectly on my llaptop I'm thoroughly
    > confused. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't
    > seem to help.
    >
    > N. Miller nm1921@gmail.com

    Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>Network & Disk Space.
    Set 'Connection timeout' to some higher value .
    Restart Thunderbird .

    BTW, do you have any antivirus or firewall program active in system ?

  3. Re: Server times out

    Thunderbird Leader Nir teletyped, On 8/24/2007 6:15 PM:
    > nm1921@gmail.com wrote:
    >> As of this morning Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 began operating
    >> erratically, the main symptom being that the server usually but not
    >> alweays times out before downloading the incoming mail. Since an
    >> identical Mozilla works perfectly on my llaptop I'm thoroughly
    >> confused. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't
    >> seem to help.
    >>
    >> N. Miller nm1921@gmail.com
    >>

    > Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>Network & Disk Space.
    > Set 'Connection timeout' to some higher value .
    > Restart Thunderbird .
    >
    > BTW, do you have any antivirus or firewall program active in system ?

    Uninstalling and then reinstall is 98% of the time, a waste of Your
    personal time with Mozilla products. Focus on your user profile, as that
    is subjected to constant use and abuse, so is prone to errors creeping in.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

+ Reply to Thread