Spell Checker not Installing Dictionaries. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Spell Checker not Installing Dictionaries. - Mozilla ; I am having some difficulties getting Thunderbird to install Dictionaries. I have downloaded the dictionary to my local disk, and installed in the appropriate manner., using the add-on under tools. The Spell checker opens when sending a message, but does ...

  1. Spell Checker not Installing Dictionaries.

    I am having some difficulties getting Thunderbird to install
    Dictionaries. I have downloaded the dictionary to my local disk, and
    installed in the appropriate manner., using the add-on under tools.

    The Spell checker opens when sending a message, but does not show any
    dictionaries installed. I go to Tools -> Options -> Composition ->
    Spelling and no dictionaries are loaded. So, what is going wrong here?

    OS. Windows XP Pro
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    This is a clean install after a machine rebuild. Was working before
    rebuild.

    Craig.

  2. Re: Spell Checker not Installing Dictionaries.

    Craig Rayner wrote:
    > I am having some difficulties getting Thunderbird to install
    > Dictionaries. I have downloaded the dictionary to my local disk, and
    > installed in the appropriate manner., using the add-on under tools.
    >
    > The Spell checker opens when sending a message, but does not show any
    > dictionaries installed. I go to Tools -> Options -> Composition ->
    > Spelling and no dictionaries are loaded. So, what is going wrong here?
    >
    > OS. Windows XP Pro
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.6
    >
    > This is a clean install after a machine rebuild. Was working before
    > rebuild.
    >
    > Craig.

    Fixed. Old xpi files where failing silently on install. Downloaded new
    copies, and issue now resolved.

+ Reply to Thread