Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages - Mozilla ; In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing correctly and another ...

  1. Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages

    In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A
    place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an
    attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing
    correctly and another not.

    TB 2.0.0.6 and XP.

    --
    Please reply to group or
    reply "off-group" by removing the two "z"s from my e-mail address.

    Graham Coward
    Melbourne, Australia
    =====================
    Coward Family History Web Site
    http://www.cowardfamilyhistoryaustralia.info/

  2. Re: Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages

    Thunderbird Leader Graham Coward teletyped, On 8/24/2007 3:50 AM:
    > In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A
    > place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an
    > attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing
    > correctly and another not.
    >
    > TB 2.0.0.6 and XP.

    I see this also, and do not have an answer, other than goto another
    message and then come back to get a reload to see if the next effort
    works better.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  3. Re: Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages

    On 25/08/2007 3:43 AM, Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader Graham Coward teletyped, On 8/24/2007 3:50 AM:
    >> In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A
    >> place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an
    >> attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing
    >> correctly and another not.
    >>
    >> TB 2.0.0.6 and XP.
    >>

    > I see this also, and do not have an answer, other than goto another
    > message and then come back to get a reload to see if the next effort
    > works better.

    Nope! That doesn't work for me. I have Googled for it and it seems to be
    one of those annoying,only too common long standing bugs that IMHO are
    TB's weakest point. Can't find an answer that applies to the current
    version of TB though.

    --
    Please reply to group or
    reply "off-group" by removing the two "z"s from my e-mail address.

    Graham Coward
    Melbourne, Australia
    =====================
    Coward Family History Web Site
    http://www.cowardfamilyhistoryaustralia.info/

  4. Re: Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages

    Thunderbird Leader Graham Coward teletyped, On 8/24/2007 8:14 PM:
    > On 25/08/2007 3:43 AM, Ron K. wrote:
    >> Thunderbird Leader Graham Coward teletyped, On 8/24/2007 3:50 AM:
    >>> In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A
    >>> place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an
    >>> attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing
    >>> correctly and another not.
    >>>
    >>> TB 2.0.0.6 and XP.
    >>>

    >> I see this also, and do not have an answer, other than goto another
    >> message and then come back to get a reload to see if the next effort
    >> works better.
    >>

    > Nope! That doesn't work for me. I have Googled for it and it seems to
    > be one of those annoying,only too common long standing bugs that IMHO
    > are TB's weakest point. Can't find an answer that applies to the
    > current version of TB though.

    Usually it happens when there are lots of images. Your comment on just
    a few is less common. I have tried increasing the server timeout, but
    that has not been a useful answer.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  5. Re: Thunderbird not displaying images in HTML messages

    I have same config on you on 2 PCs, on my main machine I don't see the
    embedded images, on my laptop I do. As far as I can see the set-up in
    both is identical apart from 1 PC being XP Pro and teh other XP Media
    Centre. It is a real pain but have tried all the suggestions thrown up
    on here, all to no avail. Hopefully someone will come up with some more
    ideas.

    Steve

    Graham Coward wrote:
    > In some HTML messages, one or more embedded images do not appear. A
    > place holder appears in the correct spot and the image appears as an
    > attachment. I received a message recently with one GIF image showing
    > correctly and another not.
    >
    > TB 2.0.0.6 and XP.

+ Reply to Thread