How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane? - Mozilla ; I just upgraded to version 2 of TB. I note that there is a new feature whereby a fly-over popup is shown when the mouse moves through the folder pane that is similar to the new mail alert popup - ...

  1. How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane?

    I just upgraded to version 2 of TB. I note that there is a new feature
    whereby a fly-over popup is shown when the mouse moves through the
    folder pane that is similar to the new mail alert popup - it contains
    excerpts from the new messages.

    Is there any way to turn this new feature off? And, along the same
    lines, is there any way to show less information in the new mail alert
    popup (more like it was in version 1.5)?

    Thanks

  2. Re: How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane?

    whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote:
    > I just upgraded to version 2 of TB. I note that there is a new feature
    > whereby a fly-over popup is shown when the mouse moves through the
    > folder pane that is similar to the new mail alert popup - it contains
    > excerpts from the new messages.
    >
    > Is there any way to turn this new feature off? And, along the same
    > lines, is there any way to show less information in the new mail alert
    > popup (more like it was in version 1.5)?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have been using TB for years, and have never seen this action. What
    extensions do you have installed?

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane?

    whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote:
    > I just upgraded to version 2 of TB. I note that there is a new
    > feature whereby a fly-over popup is shown when the mouse moves
    > through the folder pane that is similar to the new mail alert popup -
    > it contains excerpts from the new messages.
    >
    > Is there any way to turn this new feature off? And, along the same
    > lines, is there any way to show less information in the new mail
    > alert popup (more like it was in version 1.5)?
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you getting this type of popup
    "https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=253262" ?

    or a little square popup without any information within it ?

  4. Re: How To Disable Fly-Over Shown In Folder Pane?

    whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote:
    > I just upgraded to version 2 of TB. I note that there is a new feature
    > whereby a fly-over popup is shown when the mouse moves through the
    > folder pane that is similar to the new mail alert popup - it contains
    > excerpts from the new messages.
    >
    > Is there any way to turn this new feature off? And, along the same
    > lines, is there any way to show less information in the new mail alert
    > popup (more like it was in version 1.5)?
    >
    > Thanks

    Tools > Options > General > Customize button, allows you to choose which
    items show up in the alert notification.

    ken

+ Reply to Thread