search for sender or subject - Mozilla

This is a discussion on search for sender or subject - Mozilla ; Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be added as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added somehow??...

  1. search for sender or subject

    Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or
    subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be added
    as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added somehow??

  2. Re: search for sender or subject

    FarmingtonBilliard@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    > Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or
    > subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be added
    > as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added somehow??

    Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.

    Ann
    --
    Remove the FISH from the net to reply

  3. Re: search for sender or subject

    On Aug 23, 9:12 pm, Annailis wrote:
    > FarmingtonBilli...@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    > > Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or
    > > subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be added
    > > as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added somehow??

    > Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    > the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.
    >
    > Ann
    > --
    > Remove the FISH from the net to reply

    Ann
    Quicksearch is not an option in the 2.0.0.6 version for windows which
    I am now running.

  4. Re: search for sender or subject

    FarmingtonBilliard@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    > On Aug 23, 9:12 pm, Annailis wrote:
    >> FarmingtonBilli...@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    >>> Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or
    >>> subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be added
    >>> as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added somehow??

    >> Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    >> the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.
    >>
    >> Ann
    >> --
    >> Remove the FISH from the net to reply

    > Ann
    > Quicksearch is not an option in the 2.0.0.6 version for windows which
    > I am now running.

    It's on MY version:2.0.0.6 (20070728), by default.

    Rick

  5. Re: search for sender or subject

    FarmingtonBilliard@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    > On Aug 23, 9:12 pm, Annailis wrote:
    >> FarmingtonBilli...@SBCGlobal.net wrote:
    >>> Prior to the new 2.0.0.6 I had a wonderful search for sender or
    >>> subject in the toolbar. Now it no longer is there nor can it be
    >>> added as a customizable option. What gives?? Can it be added
    >>> somehow??

    >> Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    >> the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.
    >>
    >> Ann -- Remove the FISH from the net to reply

    > Ann Quicksearch is not an option in the 2.0.0.6 version for windows
    > which I am now running.

    Annailis has mentioned about this search bar , see
    "http://tinyurl.com/yp73e4"

    BTW, if it is neither in 'Customize Toolbar' windows nor in Toolbar in
    main window then :
    close thunderbird.
    Goto Thunderbird profile folder .
    rename 'localstore.rdf' file to 'localstore.rdf.1'
    Start Thunderbird.

  6. Re: search for sender or subject

    On Aug 24, 11:16 am, Nir wrote:
    > FarmingtonBilli...@SBCGlobal.net wrote:

    > >> Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    > >> the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.

    > >> Ann -- Remove the FISH from the net to reply

    > > Ann Quicksearch is not an option in the 2.0.0.6 version for windows
    > > which I am now running.

    > Annailis has mentioned about this search bar , see
    > "http://tinyurl.com/yp73e4"
    >
    > BTW, if it is neither in 'Customize Toolbar' windows nor in Toolbar in
    > main window then :
    > close thunderbird.
    > Goto Thunderbird profile folder .
    > rename 'localstore.rdf' file to 'localstore.rdf.1'
    > Start Thunderbird.

    Nir
    Thank your recommendation plus some rearrangements ot Icons has given
    me back quicksearch
    Thanks all

  7. Re: search for sender or subject

    On Aug 24, 11:16 am, Nir wrote:
    > FarmingtonBilli...@SBCGlobal.net wrote:

    > >> Have you tried looking under View-Toolbar-Customise? It's called
    > >> the Quicksearch bar and can be dragged to your toolbar.

    > >> Ann -- Remove the FISH from the net to reply

    > > Ann Quicksearch is not an option in the 2.0.0.6 version for windows
    > > which I am now running.

    > Annailis has mentioned about this search bar , see
    > "http://tinyurl.com/yp73e4"
    >
    > BTW, if it is neither in 'Customize Toolbar' windows nor in Toolbar in
    > main window then :
    > close thunderbird.
    > Goto Thunderbird profile folder .
    > rename 'localstore.rdf' file to 'localstore.rdf.1'
    > Start Thunderbird.

    Nir
    Thank your recommendation plus some rearrangements ot Icons has given
    me back quicksearch
    Thanks all

+ Reply to Thread