Secnews server? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Secnews server? - Mozilla ; Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the secnews server. I get a error message that the server has a wrong security setting. Any thoughts before I revert to 1.5.0.12 ? Screenshot available. Rick...

  1. Secnews server?

    Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the
    secnews server. I get a error message that the server
    has a wrong security setting. Any thoughts before I
    revert to 1.5.0.12 ?
    Screenshot available.

    Rick

  2. Re: Secnews server?

    Rick wrote:
    > Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the secnews server. I
    > get a error message that the server has a wrong security setting. Any
    > thoughts before I revert to 1.5.0.12 ?
    > Screenshot available.
    >
    > Rick

    Had the same problem. Got answer somewhere else but here it is:

    When you are NOT in secnews.
    In main TB screen Tools then about:config the type security.ssl3.rsa
    into the filter box and see several. Go to the one that says
    security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5 highlight it and when you hit Enter see it
    change from false to true. Get out via the X at top and you are done.
    NOW try loading secnews. Should load OK, may take two tries at loading
    (I do not know why)

    Lou

  3. Re: Secnews server?

    Lou wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the secnews server.
    >> I get a error message that the server has a wrong security setting.
    >> Any thoughts before I revert to 1.5.0.12 ?
    >> Screenshot available.
    >>
    >> Rick

    > Had the same problem. Got answer somewhere else but here it is:
    >
    > When you are NOT in secnews.
    > In main TB screen Tools then about:config the type security.ssl3.rsa
    > into the filter box and see several. Go to the one that says
    > security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5 highlight it and when you hit Enter see it
    > change from false to true. Get out via the X at top and you are done.
    > NOW try loading secnews. Should load OK, may take two tries at loading
    > (I do not know why)
    >
    > Lou

    Yep, that did it. 'course there are no posts in the T/B
    group, there anymore, nor in the FF group, but at least
    I can get there. Thanks

    Rick

  4. Re: Secnews server?

    Rick wrote:
    > Lou wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the secnews server.
    >>> I get a error message that the server has a wrong security setting.
    >>> Any thoughts before I revert to 1.5.0.12 ?
    >>> Screenshot available.
    >>>
    >>> Rick

    >> Had the same problem. Got answer somewhere else but here it is:
    >>
    >> When you are NOT in secnews.
    >> In main TB screen Tools then about:config the type security.ssl3.rsa
    >> into the filter box and see several. Go to the one that says
    >> security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5 highlight it and when you hit Enter see
    >> it change from false to true. Get out via the X at top and you are done.
    >> NOW try loading secnews. Should load OK, may take two tries at
    >>
    >> Lou

    > Yep, that did it. 'course there are no posts in the T/B group, there
    > anymore, nor in the FF group, but at least I can get there. Thanks
    >
    > Rick

    Your welcome and glad to know I got it right:-))

    Lou

  5. Re: Secnews server?

    Rick wrote:
    > Lou wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> Since I installed 2.0.0.6, I can no longer access the secnews server.
    >>> I get a error message that the server has a wrong security setting.
    >>> Any thoughts before I revert to 1.5.0.12 ?
    >>> Screenshot available.
    >>>
    >>> Rick

    >> Had the same problem. Got answer somewhere else but here it is:
    >>
    >> When you are NOT in secnews.
    >> In main TB screen Tools then about:config the type security.ssl3.rsa
    >> into the filter box and see several. Go to the one that says
    >> security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5 highlight it and when you hit Enter see it
    >> change from false to true. Get out via the X at top and you are done.
    >> NOW try loading secnews. Should load OK, may take two tries at loading
    >> (I do not know why)
    >>
    >> Lou

    > Yep, that did it. 'course there are no posts in the T/B
    > group, there anymore, nor in the FF group, but at least
    > I can get there. Thanks
    >
    > Rick

    then why don't you be the first in a long time? Jay [the
    guy that runs it] wants that server to be active again
    [maybe so AOL doesn't remove it ;-) ].

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread