Re: Blank Screen after Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Installed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Blank Screen after Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Installed - Mozilla ; When I received the automatic update notice for Thunderbird 2..0.0.6, I selected to let it install. It seemed to install ok--no error messages. But when I launch Thunderbird, all I get is a TOTALLY blank window--no headings, no folders, nothing. ...

  1. Re: Blank Screen after Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Installed

    When I received the automatic update notice for Thunderbird 2..0.0.6, I
    selected to let it install. It seemed to install ok--no error messages.
    But when I launch Thunderbird, all I get is a TOTALLY blank window--no
    headings, no folders, nothing.
    What can I do?
    Can I uninstall it in Add/Remove programs? Would I lose all my stored email
    messages if I do that?
    I'm running WinXP on a Dell laptop.
    I still have the Thunderbird Setup 1.5.0.10.exe file I downloaded &
    installed 4/07. Could I re-install that version? If so, how.
    Please help. Thanks!

  2. Re: Blank Screen after Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Installed

    Michele Cohen wrote:
    > When I received the automatic update notice for Thunderbird 2..0.0.6,
    > I selected to let it install. It seemed to install ok--no error
    > messages. But when I launch Thunderbird, all I get is a TOTALLY blank
    > window--no headings, no folders, nothing. What can I do?

    It may be caused by a (incompatible) theme you are using .
    Close Thunderbird.
    Goto start > run , type
    "thunderbird.exe" -safe-mode
    It will open Thunderbird in safe mode with default theme . Does it works
    now ?

    > Can I uninstall it in Add/Remove programs? Would I lose all my stored
    > email messages if I do that? I'm running WinXP on a Dell laptop. I

    No , you will not as Thunderbird always keeps all user data in a
    separate folder , named profile folder.
    BTW , you should back up your Thunderbird profile folder before trying
    to reinstall Thunderbird.

    > still have the Thunderbird Setup 1.5.0.10.exe file I downloaded &
    > installed 4/07. Could I re-install that version? If so, how. Please
    > help. Thanks!

    If safe mode fails to work then please reply back and we will provide
    further details about reinstall .

+ Reply to Thread