No more kill thread - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No more kill thread - Mozilla ; After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread when I try? Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?...

  1. No more kill thread

    After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a
    newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread when I
    try?

    Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?

  2. Re: No more kill thread

    On 8/23/2007 8:16 AM On a whim, Jeanette pounded out on the keyboard

    > After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a
    > newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread when I
    > try?
    >
    > Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?

    Have you tried it in TB Safe Mode if it works the same?

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: No more kill thread

    Jeanette wrote:
    > After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a
    > newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread when I
    > try?
    >
    > Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?

    make sure that scroll lock and caps clock isn't turned on.
    And it does work with k. Try clicking on the first message
    of that thread, then click on Messages and you'll see it at
    the bottom.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: No more kill thread

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Jeanette wrote:
    >> After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a
    >> newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread when
    >> I try?
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?

    > make sure that scroll lock and caps clock isn't turned on. And it does
    > work with k. Try clicking on the first message of that thread, then
    > click on Messages and you'll see it at the bottom.

    Its still not working

  5. Re: No more kill thread

    On 8/24/2007 2:48 AM, Jeanette wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Jeanette wrote:
    >>> After I upgraded to 2.0.0.6 Thunderbird I can't kill a thread in a
    >>> newsgroup with K anymore. It just advances it to the next thread
    >>> when I try?
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how to kill a thread now?

    >> make sure that scroll lock and caps clock isn't turned on. And it does
    >> work with k. Try clicking on the first message of that thread, then
    >> click on Messages and you'll see it at the bottom.
    >>

    > Its still not working

    when you return to the newsgroup do you see the thread displayed when
    new messages appear?

    or is the fact that you don't see the icon when you hit "k" your only
    basis for saying it didn't work?

    view > sort by > threaded should correct the later

  6. Re: No more kill thread

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 2:48 AM, Jeanette wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> make sure that scroll lock and caps clock isn't turned on. And it
    >>> does work with k. Try clicking on the first message of that thread,
    >>> then click on Messages and you'll see it at the bottom.
    >>>

    >> Its still not working

    > when you return to the newsgroup do you see the thread displayed when
    > new messages appear?
    >
    > or is the fact that you don't see the icon when you hit "k" your only
    > basis for saying it didn't work?
    >
    > view > sort by > threaded should correct the later

    The thread is still there

    I killed a few threads yesterday in this newsgroup to test.

  7. Re: No more kill thread

    Jeanette wrote:
    > Wayne Mery wrote:

    >>> Its still not working

    >> when you return to the newsgroup do you see the thread displayed when
    >> new messages appear?
    >>
    >> or is the fact that you don't see the icon when you hit "k" your only
    >> basis for saying it didn't work?
    >>
    >> view > sort by > threaded should correct the later
    >>

    > The thread is still there
    >
    > I killed a few threads yesterday in this newsgroup to test.

    Goto View > Thread : (Uncheck) Ignored Threads .

  8. Re: No more kill thread

    Nir wrote:
    > Jeanette wrote:
    >> Wayne Mery wrote:

    >>> when you return to the newsgroup do you see the thread displayed when
    >>> new messages appear?
    >>>
    >>> or is the fact that you don't see the icon when you hit "k" your only
    >>> basis for saying it didn't work?
    >>>
    >>> view > sort by > threaded should correct the later
    >>>

    >> The thread is still there
    >>
    >> I killed a few threads yesterday in this newsgroup to test.

    > Goto View > Thread : (Uncheck) Ignored Threads .

    It was not checked

    Jeanette

  9. Re: No more kill thread

    Jeanette wrote:
    > Nir wrote:

    >> Goto View > Thread : (Uncheck) Ignored Threads .

    > It was not checked

    Jeanette , have you tried to check if same thing happens while running
    thunderbird in safe mode as Terry has suggested ?

  10. Re: No more kill thread

    Nir wrote:
    > Jeanette wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> Goto View > Thread : (Uncheck) Ignored Threads .

    >> It was not checked
    >>

    > Jeanette , have you tried to check if same thing happens while running
    > thunderbird in safe mode as Terry has suggested ?

    I don't know how to get this into safemode I don't see that option in
    the menu?

  11. Re: No more kill thread

    Jeanette wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Jeanette wrote:

    >>> It was not checked
    >>>

    >> Jeanette , have you tried to check if same thing happens while running
    >> thunderbird in safe mode as Terry has suggested ?
    >>

    > I don't know how to get this into safemode I don't see that option in
    > the menu?

    Close Thunderbird .
    In console :
    cd 'path/to/thunderbird/program/folder'
    ../thunderbird -safe-mode

  12. Re: No more kill thread

    Nir wrote:
    > Jeanette wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> Jeanette , have you tried to check if same thing happens while running
    >>> thunderbird in safe mode as Terry has suggested ?
    >>>

    >> I don't know how to get this into safemode I don't see that option in
    >> the menu?

    > Close Thunderbird .
    > In console :
    > cd 'path/to/thunderbird/program/folder'
    > ./thunderbird -safe-mode

    ok I can kill threads in safemode but I only got two extensions
    installed lightning and provider for google calendar. Does that mean I
    can't use those extensions?

  13. Re: No more kill thread

    Nir wrote:
    > Jeanette wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> Jeanette , have you tried to check if same thing happens while running
    >>> thunderbird in safe mode as Terry has suggested ?
    >>>

    >> I don't know how to get this into safemode I don't see that option in
    >> the menu?

    > Close Thunderbird .
    > In console :
    > cd 'path/to/thunderbird/program/folder'
    > ./thunderbird -safe-mode

    ok I can kill threads in safemode but I only got two extensions
    installed lightning and provider for google calendar. Does that mean I
    can't use those extensions?

  14. Re: No more kill thread

    Jeanette wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Jeanette wrote:

    >>> I don't know how to get this into safemode I don't see that
    >>> option in the menu?

    >> Close Thunderbird . In console : cd
    >> 'path/to/thunderbird/program/folder' ./thunderbird -safe-mode

    > ok I can kill threads in safemode but I only got two extensions
    > installed lightning and provider for google calendar. Does that mean
    > I can't use those extensions?

    Are you using default theme in normal
    mode? If not then please switch back to default theme at
    Tools>Add-ons>Themes. Restart in normal mode and test if you can Ignore
    posts by clicking 'K' .

    Also does Messages > Ignore threads fail in same way of keyword 'K' ?

    Does any one of those extension use keyword 'K' for its own operation ?

    BTW , you can point out which extension actually causing this by
    disabling any one of them .

+ Reply to Thread