Filtering out unwanted threads - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Filtering out unwanted threads - Mozilla ; Hello, I've tried to set up the message filter feature to filter out unwanted threads posted by trolls in many newsgroups I'm subscribed to. However, it doesn't seem to work. Does this feature work at all? The way I've done ...

  1. Filtering out unwanted threads

    Hello,

    I've tried to set up the message filter feature to filter out unwanted
    threads posted by trolls in many newsgroups I'm subscribed to. However,
    it doesn't seem to work. Does this feature work at all?

    The way I've done it was by creating a filter that ignores any threads
    that contain a certain string in the "From" field.

    --
    Miguel Guedes

    - X marks the spot for spammers. If you are not one and wish to get in
    touch with me by email, remove the X from my address. -

  2. Re: Filtering out unwanted threads

    Miguel Guedes wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've tried to set up the message filter feature to filter out unwanted
    > threads posted by trolls in many newsgroups I'm subscribed to. However,
    > it doesn't seem to work. Does this feature work at all?
    >
    > The way I've done it was by creating a filter that ignores any threads
    > that contain a certain string in the "From" field.

    it works on NEW messages. Not on messages before the filter
    was created.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Filtering out unwanted threads

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Miguel Guedes wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've tried to set up the message filter feature to filter out
    >> unwanted threads posted by trolls in many newsgroups I'm subscribed
    >> to. However, it doesn't seem to work. Does this feature work at
    >> all?
    >>
    >> The way I've done it was by creating a filter that ignores any
    >> threads that contain a certain string in the "From" field.
    >>

    > it works on NEW messages. Not on messages before the filter was
    > created.

    And to work it on old posts :
    Close Thunderbird.
    Goto Thunderbird profile folder.
    Open News folder.
    Open folder of that NG account.
    Move .msf files of that newsgroup from profile folder.
    Start Thunderbird.
    It will redownload all posts headers .
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/219e490903da8afc"

+ Reply to Thread