trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla ; I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp connected, then after some ...

  1. trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6

    I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows
    partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac
    side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp connected,
    then after some time an error message that the smtp refused the
    conncection. I checked the firewall -- it's fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6

    Aleph99@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows
    > partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac
    > side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp
    > connected, then after some time an error message that the smtp
    > refused the conncection. I checked the firewall -- it's fine. Any
    > ideas? Thanks!

    Are you using same Thunderbird profile in between Mac and Win ?

    In windows , close Thunderbird completely .
    Delete Thunderbird entry from your firewall program list.
    Now start Thunderbird and send a mail to yourself.

    Also you should see this help page
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Connection_errors_-_SMTP#Connecting"

  3. Re: trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6

    On 8/23/2007 2:38 AM, Aleph99@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows
    > partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac
    > side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp connected,
    > then after some time an error message that the smtp refused the
    > conncection. I checked the firewall -- it's fine. Any ideas?
    > Thanks!

    Is your SMTP set to SSL or TLS?
    Does the send ever work?
    Are you able to send, assuming your server supports it, with TLS/SSL not
    selected?

  4. Re: trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 8/23/2007 2:38 AM, Aleph99@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows
    >> partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac
    >> side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp connected,
    >> then after some time an error message that the smtp refused the
    >> conncection. I checked the firewall -- it's fine. Any ideas?
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > Is your SMTP set to SSL or TLS?
    > Does the send ever work?
    > Are you able to send, assuming your server supports it, with TLS/SSL not
    > selected?

    I've been having the same problem with my installation. However, even
    thought TB says it wasn't sent it still has been appearing here and
    elsewhere. This is really frustrating, 2.0.0.6 is a mess.

  5. Re: trouble sending e-mails with 2.0.0.6

    On 8/23/2007 9:13 AM, Don Nickell wrote:
    > Wayne Mery wrote:
    >> On 8/23/2007 2:38 AM, Aleph99@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> I just upgraded to 2.0.0.6, and cannot send e-mails from the Windows
    >>> partition on my Mac (using bootcamp) any more. Sending from the Mac
    >>> side works just fine, but from the windows side I get: smtp connected,
    >>> then after some time an error message that the smtp refused the
    >>> conncection. I checked the firewall -- it's fine. Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >> Is your SMTP set to SSL or TLS?
    >> Does the send ever work?
    >> Are you able to send, assuming your server supports it, with TLS/SSL
    >> not selected?
    >>

    > I've been having the same problem with my installation.

    and you situation with regard to the 3 questions above???

+ Reply to Thread