Header display won't change - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Header display won't change - Mozilla ; In order to print a message using only normal headers I have to tweak around choosing various header formats until 'print preview' shows me headers with only date, to, from and subject. The actual display at this time contains only ...

  1. Header display won't change

    In order to print a message using only normal headers I have to tweak around
    choosing various header formats until 'print preview' shows me headers with
    only date, to, from and subject. The actual display at this time contains
    only one line.

    After I print I want to switch back, but NOOOOOO!. The single-line display
    sticks through choosing different header views and restarts. I've looked
    through bugzilla, but no joy.

    If I disable mnenhy, restart, set headers to ALL, restart, enable mnenhy and
    restart again the headers are back to the 'extended normal' that I want. I
    conclude that mnenhy is the culprit, but I don't want to throw it away yet
    -- maybe TB3 will make it unnecessary.

    Any other possibilities? It's a real pain to have to go through that
    routine every time I want to print a message.

    Installed extensions:

    Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):

    * AboutConfig 0.6
    * addressContext 0.8.1
    * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5
    * Birthday Reminder 1.0.4.2 [disabled]
    * Buttons! 0.5.3.2 [disabled]
    * Correct Identity 1.3.1
    * DOM Inspector 1.8.1.2
    * Edit Config Files 1.7.2
    * Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
    * Get All Mail Button 0.0.5
    * Headers Toggle 0.5.2.2
    * Image Zoom 0.3
    * InfoLister 0.9f
    * keyconfig 20060828.1
    * MessageID-Finder 2.0.0
    * Mnenhy 0.7.5
    * Newsgroup Links 0.1.1
    * Nightly Tester Tools 1.3b1
    * Nightly Tester Tools Lite 0.2.2 [disabled]
    * Quote Colors 0.2.8
    * QuoteCollapse 0.7 [disabled]
    * Remember Mismatched Domains 1.4.3
    * ReminderFox 1.4.1
    * Remove Duplicate Messages 0.1.02 [disabled]
    * SmoothWheel 0.44.7.20050605
    * Talkback 2.0.0.6
    * TB Header Tools Extension 0.6.6
    * Toolbar Buttons 0.4.1.6
    * WebMail 1.2.3
    * WebMail - Hotmail 1.2.6
    * WebMail - Yahoo 1.2.2
    * Xpunge 0.2.3

    ========= ݗ========================
    "Incontinence hotline, can you hold?"

  2. Re: Header display won't change

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > In order to print a message using only normal headers I have to tweak
    > around choosing various header formats until 'print preview' shows
    > me headers with only date, to, from and subject. The actual display
    > at this time contains only one line.
    >
    > After I print I want to switch back, but NOOOOOO!. The single-line
    > display sticks through choosing different header views and restarts.
    > I've looked through bugzilla, but no joy.
    >
    > If I disable mnenhy, restart, set headers to ALL, restart, enable
    > mnenhy and restart again the headers are back to the 'extended
    > normal' that I want. I conclude that mnenhy is the culprit, but I
    > don't want to throw it away yet -- maybe TB3 will make it
    > unnecessary.

    Goto Tools>Add-ons>Extensions>Mnenhy>Preference.
    Uncheck 'Custom Header' .
    Custom Header view will not be available from now but other Mnenhy
    features will still function .

  3. Re: Header display won't change

    The Real Bev wrote:

    > Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >
    > * AboutConfig 0.6
    > * addressContext 0.8.1
    > * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    day. OT: How about for FF?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: Header display won't change

    On 8/22/2007 3:22 PM On a whim, The Real Bev pounded out on the keyboard

    > In order to print a message using only normal headers I have to tweak around
    > choosing various header formats until 'print preview' shows me headers with
    > only date, to, from and subject. The actual display at this time contains
    > only one line.
    >
    > After I print I want to switch back, but NOOOOOO!. The single-line display
    > sticks through choosing different header views and restarts. I've looked
    > through bugzilla, but no joy.
    >
    > If I disable mnenhy, restart, set headers to ALL, restart, enable mnenhy and
    > restart again the headers are back to the 'extended normal' that I want. I
    > conclude that mnenhy is the culprit, but I don't want to throw it away yet
    > -- maybe TB3 will make it unnecessary.
    >
    > Any other possibilities? It's a real pain to have to go through that
    > routine every time I want to print a message.
    >
    > Installed extensions:
    >
    > Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >
    > * AboutConfig 0.6
    > * addressContext 0.8.1
    > * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5
    > * Birthday Reminder 1.0.4.2 [disabled]
    > * Buttons! 0.5.3.2 [disabled]
    > * Correct Identity 1.3.1
    > * DOM Inspector 1.8.1.2
    > * Edit Config Files 1.7.2
    > * Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
    > * Get All Mail Button 0.0.5
    > * Headers Toggle 0.5.2.2
    > * Image Zoom 0.3
    > * InfoLister 0.9f
    > * keyconfig 20060828.1
    > * MessageID-Finder 2.0.0
    > * Mnenhy 0.7.5
    > * Newsgroup Links 0.1.1
    > * Nightly Tester Tools 1.3b1
    > * Nightly Tester Tools Lite 0.2.2 [disabled]
    > * Quote Colors 0.2.8
    > * QuoteCollapse 0.7 [disabled]
    > * Remember Mismatched Domains 1.4.3
    > * ReminderFox 1.4.1
    > * Remove Duplicate Messages 0.1.02 [disabled]
    > * SmoothWheel 0.44.7.20050605
    > * Talkback 2.0.0.6
    > * TB Header Tools Extension 0.6.6
    > * Toolbar Buttons 0.4.1.6
    > * WebMail 1.2.3
    > * WebMail - Hotmail 1.2.6
    > * WebMail - Yahoo 1.2.2
    > * Xpunge 0.2.3

    All is a Mnenhy item, and you're correct that the issue lies there. If
    you use Normal, you get a 4 line like you want.

    The Printing Tools extension has an option to not print any headers.
    You can get it here:
    https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/index-en.html

    You must right click on the Download link and "Save Link As" to
    somewhere on your system. Then open the Add-Ons dialog box (Tools,
    Add-ons) and drop the file onto the dialog box.

    --
    Terry R.

  5. Re: Header display won't change

    On 8/22/2007 6:43 PM On a whim, Terry R. pounded out on the keyboard

    > On 8/22/2007 3:22 PM On a whim, The Real Bev pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> In order to print a message using only normal headers I have to tweak around
    >> choosing various header formats until 'print preview' shows me headers with
    >> only date, to, from and subject. The actual display at this time contains
    >> only one line.
    >>
    >> After I print I want to switch back, but NOOOOOO!. The single-line display
    >> sticks through choosing different header views and restarts. I've looked
    >> through bugzilla, but no joy.
    >>
    >> If I disable mnenhy, restart, set headers to ALL, restart, enable mnenhy and
    >> restart again the headers are back to the 'extended normal' that I want. I
    >> conclude that mnenhy is the culprit, but I don't want to throw it away yet
    >> -- maybe TB3 will make it unnecessary.
    >>
    >> Any other possibilities? It's a real pain to have to go through that
    >> routine every time I want to print a message.
    >>
    >> Installed extensions:
    >>
    >> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>
    >> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5
    >> * Birthday Reminder 1.0.4.2 [disabled]
    >> * Buttons! 0.5.3.2 [disabled]
    >> * Correct Identity 1.3.1
    >> * DOM Inspector 1.8.1.2
    >> * Edit Config Files 1.7.2
    >> * Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
    >> * Get All Mail Button 0.0.5
    >> * Headers Toggle 0.5.2.2
    >> * Image Zoom 0.3
    >> * InfoLister 0.9f
    >> * keyconfig 20060828.1
    >> * MessageID-Finder 2.0.0
    >> * Mnenhy 0.7.5
    >> * Newsgroup Links 0.1.1
    >> * Nightly Tester Tools 1.3b1
    >> * Nightly Tester Tools Lite 0.2.2 [disabled]
    >> * Quote Colors 0.2.8
    >> * QuoteCollapse 0.7 [disabled]
    >> * Remember Mismatched Domains 1.4.3
    >> * ReminderFox 1.4.1
    >> * Remove Duplicate Messages 0.1.02 [disabled]
    >> * SmoothWheel 0.44.7.20050605
    >> * Talkback 2.0.0.6
    >> * TB Header Tools Extension 0.6.6
    >> * Toolbar Buttons 0.4.1.6
    >> * WebMail 1.2.3
    >> * WebMail - Hotmail 1.2.6
    >> * WebMail - Yahoo 1.2.2
    >> * Xpunge 0.2.3
    >>

    > All is a Mnenhy item, and you're correct that the issue lies there. If
    > you use Normal, you get a 4 line like you want.
    >
    > The Printing Tools extension has an option to not print any headers.
    > You can get it here:
    > https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/index-en.html
    >
    > You must right click on the Download link and "Save Link As" to
    > somewhere on your system. Then open the Add-Ons dialog box (Tools,
    > Add-ons) and drop the file onto the dialog box.

    I should add that when I select Normal to print a 4 line and then switch
    back to my custom view, I don't have any problems.

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: Header display won't change

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >
    >> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>
    >> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    > Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    > day. OT: How about for FF?

    "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

  7. Re: Header display won't change

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >
    >> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>
    >> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    > Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    > day. OT: How about for FF?

    "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

  8. Re: Header display won't change

    Nir wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:
    >>
    >>> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>>
    >>> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >>> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >>> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    >> Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    >> day. OT: How about for FF?
    >>

    > "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    Slick! Even does it in HTML, with links. Thanks.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  9. Re: Header display won't change

    "Nir" wrote in message
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:
    >>
    >>> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>>
    >>> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >>> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >>> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    >> Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    >> day. OT: How about for FF?
    >>

    > "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    another one is InfoLister twice as big, but I like it because it
    is configurable with your own template, for example my results see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...er_listing.htm

    if you know HTML you would have no problem with the template;
    otehrwise, you can just use his example. It will list extensions, themes,
    and plug-ins as distributed.

    the extension is available at

  10. Re: Header display won't change

    Thunderbird Leader David McRitchie teletyped, On 8/22/2007 11:59 PM:

    > "Nir" wrote in message
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the
    >>> other day. OT: How about for FF?
    >>>

    >> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    > another one is InfoLister twice as big, but I like it because it
    > is configurable with your own template, for example my results see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...er_listing.htm
    >
    > if you know HTML you would have no problem with the template;
    > otehrwise, you can just use his example. It will list extensions,
    > themes,
    > and plug-ins as distributed.
    >
    > the extension is available at

    The MR Tech Local Install add-on also has extension, theme, plug-in
    listing abilities and it's listing is user configerable.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  11. Re: Header display won't change

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > "Nir" wrote in message
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Is there a way to generate that list? I had to hand-type one, the other
    >>> day. OT: How about for FF?
    >>>

    >> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    > another one is InfoLister twice as big, but I like it because it
    > is configurable with your own template, for example my results see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...er_listing.htm

    Since the one Nir linked does both TB and FF, I just removed the list
    I'd hand-done on my web site for FF (long enough ago that it needed lots
    of changing anyway) and plugged in it output with PHP. And added a page
    for TB extensions. Each has a link to the other at the end of the intro:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/tbext.html

    Because a script pulls it/them in, when I want a fresh list, all I have
    to do is plunk a new file from the enxtension into the same directory.
    Because of the simplicity of its output it doesn't grate against the
    feel of my pages.

    > if you know HTML you would have no problem with the template;

    See above.

    > otehrwise, you can just use his example. It will list extensions, themes,
    > and plug-ins as distributed.

    > the extension is available at

    Thanks, David.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  12. Re: Header display won't change

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader David McRitchie teletyped, On 8/22/2007 11:59 PM:
    >> "Nir" wrote in message

    >>> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    >> another one is InfoLister twice as big, but I like it because it
    >> is configurable with your own template, for example my results see
    >> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...er_listing.htm
    >>
    >> if you know HTML you would have no problem with the template;
    >> otehrwise, you can just use his example. It will list extensions,
    >> themes,
    >> and plug-ins as distributed.
    >>
    >> the extension is available at
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/447

    > The MR Tech Local Install add-on also has extension, theme, plug-in
    > listing abilities and it's listing is user configerable.

    Thanks, Ron. I looked at that the other day, and it didn't seem like
    something I wanted. I guess I forgot or didn't notice that it would do
    an extension list, at the time. I'm really diggin' the one Nir linked
    for its simplicity and the way a script can just drop it right into my
    web pages; e.g. http://blinkynet.net/comp/ffext.html

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  13. Re: Header display won't change

    In ,
    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    [about Extension List Dumper]
    >I'm really diggin' the one Nir linked for its simplicity and the way a
    >script can just drop it right into my web pages; e.g.
    >http://blinkynet.net/comp/ffext.html

    Does the extension clean up stuff like converting "<" into "<" or
    does your script do that?

    While we've got a thread going on this, I use InfoLister to generate
    .

  14. Re: Header display won't change

    Nir wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:
    >>
    >>> Extensions (enabled: 27, disabled: 5):
    >>>
    >>> * AboutConfig 0.6
    >>> * addressContext 0.8.1
    >>> * Attachment Sizes 0.0.5

    >> Is there a way to generate that list?

    I use InfoLister for TB, but it also works for FF:
    http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/

    >> I had to hand-type one, the other day. OT: How about for FF?

    > "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746"

    "The language of victimization is infinitely extensible." -- Me

+ Reply to Thread