Update problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Update problems - Mozilla ; After updating to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 I have two task bars with almost the same information...How do I get it back to one?...

  1. Update problems

    After updating to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 I have two task bars with almost
    the same information...How do I get it back to one?

  2. Re: Update problems

    Charles Imes wrote:
    > After updating to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 I have two task bars with
    > almost the same information...How do I get it back to one?

    * If you get two or more toolbars after installing:

    * If you have the McAfee toolbar, uninstall McAfee spamkiller.
    Uninstall Thunderbird. Delete the contents of the extensions directory
    in your profile. Then try again.
    * Otherwise delete the localstore.rdf file in your profile.
    Thunderbird will create a new version of that file when you start using
    the default settings for your toolbars, buttons, and window positions.

    * If you have unusual toolbars with strange buttons, problems
    clicking on menu commands, or when you right click on a message and try
    to copy/move it to a new folder it won't list all of the folders try
    switching to a new theme. They changed the extension manager again and
    that causes problems with many themes. Older themes will probably also
    not show new features such as the "advanced folder views" and "message
    history navigation", and may not have the tag button in the toolbar. If
    you check the list of recently updated themes any from March 2007 onward
    will probably work.

    ["http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_2.0_installation_issues"]

+ Reply to Thread