Selectively downloading messages for off-line use - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Selectively downloading messages for off-line use - Mozilla ; Hi, I remember using some sort of options to have TB *semi-automatically* download flagged (star-marked today) messages only for off-line use, but can't find how to do it in TB 2.0.0.6. Just my shoddy memory, the lack of good off-line ...

  1. Selectively downloading messages for off-line use

    Hi,

    I remember using some sort of options to have TB *semi-automatically*
    download flagged (star-marked today) messages only for off-line use, but
    can't find how to do it in TB 2.0.0.6.

    Just my shoddy memory, the lack of good off-line archiving and message
    search features for NG's in TB, or has the option been removed?

    Any tips welcome.

    BR,
    Gudmund

  2. Re: Selectively downloading messages for off-line use

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I remember using some sort of options to have TB *semi-automatically*
    > download flagged (star-marked today) messages only for off-line use, but
    > can't find how to do it in TB 2.0.0.6.
    >
    > Just my shoddy memory, the lack of good off-line archiving and message
    > search features for NG's in TB, or has the option been removed?
    >
    > Any tips welcome.

    OK, found it: File > Offline > Get Starred Messages

    Now let's see if I can find a place to test whether synching with an NG
    server where a message has expired will also (still) erase the off-line
    copy of the message.

    And some other off-line things.

    BR,
    Gudmund

  3. Re: Selectively downloading messages for off-line use

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I remember using some sort of options to have TB *semi-automatically*
    >> download flagged (star-marked today) messages only for off-line use, but
    >> can't find how to do it in TB 2.0.0.6.
    >>
    >> Just my shoddy memory, the lack of good off-line archiving and message
    >> search features for NG's in TB, or has the option been removed?
    >>
    >> Any tips welcome.

    > OK, found it: File > Offline > Get Starred Messages

    Hm. One should be aware that using this feature *removes the star*!

    I. e. don't use the star for any other purposes in NG's, as I've been
    doing for a whole number of years.

    BR,
    Gudmund

  4. Re: Selectively downloading messages for off-line use

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    >> Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I remember using some sort of options to have TB *semi-automatically*
    >>> download flagged (star-marked today) messages only for off-line use, but
    >>> can't find how to do it in TB 2.0.0.6.
    >>>
    >>> Just my shoddy memory, the lack of good off-line archiving and message
    >>> search features for NG's in TB, or has the option been removed?
    >>>
    >>> Any tips welcome.

    >> OK, found it: File > Offline > Get Starred Messages

    > Hm. One should be aware that using this feature *removes the star*!
    >
    > I. e. don't use the star for any other purposes in NG's, as I've been
    > doing for a whole number of years.
    >
    > BR,
    > Gudmund

    ....and while downloading the starred message I'm just replying to, TB
    2.0.0.6 crashed.

    BR,
    Gudmund

+ Reply to Thread