Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla ; Hi I can no longer see my folders or access my mail after upgrade to the latest version of Thunderbird. The files are still there in my user settings but there seems to be an error when the trees are ...

  1. Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    Hi
    I can no longer see my folders or access my mail after upgrade to the latest
    version of Thunderbird. The files are still there in my user settings but
    there seems to be an error when the trees are created.
    The message from the error console is below:-

    Any suggestions

    Thanks

    Simon

    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
    0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXULTreeBuilder.removeObserver]" nsresult:
    "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
    chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js :: OnUnloadFolderPane ::
    line 1185" data: no]

  2. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    Simon Tomlinson wrote:
    > Hi
    > I can no longer see my folders or access my mail after upgrade to the latest
    > version of Thunderbird. The files are still there in my user settings but
    > there seems to be an error when the trees are created.
    > The message from the error console is below:-
    >
    > Any suggestions
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Simon
    >

    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
    > 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXULTreeBuilder.removeObserver]" nsresult:
    > "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js :: OnUnloadFolderPane ::
    > line 1185" data: no]

    I am experiencing the exact same behavior. Local folders display
    messsges but not server folders. I am using IMAP.

    Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

    Thanks
    Glenn

  3. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On 8/21/2007 11:03 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Simon Tomlinson wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I can no longer see my folders or access my mail after upgrade to the
    >> latest version of Thunderbird. The files are still there in my user
    >> settings but there seems to be an error when the trees are created.
    >> The message from the error console is below:-
    >>
    >> Any suggestions
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Simon
    >>

    >> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    >> code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
    >> [nsIXULTreeBuilder.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005
    >> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
    >> chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js :: OnUnloadFolderPane
    >> :: line 1185" data: no]
    >>

    > I am experiencing the exact same behavior. Local folders display
    > messsges but not server folders. I am using IMAP.

    same behavior AND same error ?

  4. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    Hi
    I don't see local or IMAP folders. If I use "Subscribe" I then see
    folders listed in the dialog. The local folders and data is still on
    my hard disk.

    Simon

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 8/21/2007 11:03 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >
    >> Simon Tomlinson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> I can no longer see my folders or access my mail after upgrade to the
    >>> latest version of Thunderbird. The files are still there in my user
    >>> settings but there seems to be an error when the trees are created.
    >>> The message from the error console is below:-
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Simon
    >>>

    >>> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    >>> code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
    >>> [nsIXULTreeBuilder.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005
    >>> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
    >>> chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js ::
    >>> OnUnloadFolderPane :: line 1185" data: no]
    >>>

    >> I am experiencing the exact same behavior. Local folders display
    >> messsges but not server folders. I am using IMAP.

    > same behavior AND same error ?

  5. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On 8/23/2007 8:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hi
    > I don't see local or IMAP folders. If I use "Subscribe" I then see
    > folders listed in the dialog. The local folders and data is still on
    > my hard disk.
    >
    > Simon
    >
    > Wayne Mery wrote:

    >>> I am experiencing the exact same behavior. Local folders display
    >>> messsges but not server folders. I am using IMAP.

    >> same behavior AND same error ?

    some reported similar behavior on IRC. What if any extension(s) are
    installed?

  6. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    Hi
    I only appear to have TalkBack installed.

    Simon

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 8/23/2007 8:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> I don't see local or IMAP folders. If I use "Subscribe" I then see
    >> folders listed in the dialog. The local folders and data is still on
    >> my hard disk.
    >>
    >> Simon
    >>
    >> Wayne Mery wrote:

    >>> same behavior AND same error ?

    > some reported similar behavior on IRC. What if any extension(s) are
    > installed?

  7. Re: Folder tree not displayed after upgrade to Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    Hi
    I've managed to get everything working by custom installing to a new
    location- this just then picked up my old settings.

    thanks

    Simon

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hi
    > I only appear to have TalkBack installed.
    >

    > Simon
    >
    > Wayne Mery wrote:
    >
    >> On 8/23/2007 8:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> I don't see local or IMAP folders. If I use "Subscribe" I then see
    >>> folders listed in the dialog. The local folders and data is still
    >>> on my hard disk.
    >>>
    >>> Simon

    >> some reported similar behavior on IRC. What if any extension(s) are
    >> installed?

+ Reply to Thread