gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found - Mozilla

This is a discussion on gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found - Mozilla ; Unpacked and pkgadded the latest Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 for SPARC SOLARIS 10. DId the same for FireFox 2.0.0.6. Of the two, thunderbird fails to start. mgvp1: which thunderbird /opt/sfw/bin/thunderbird mgvp1: echo $PATH /usr/bin::/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/opt/ITvpnclient/ bin:/usr/sbin:/export/home/ellison/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/java/bin:/opt/ Acrobat5/bin:/export/home/ellison/AccessLine/TeleDesk:/opt/sfw/bin mgvp1: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib/thunderbird mgvp1: uname ...

  1. gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found

    Unpacked and pkgadded the latest Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 for SPARC SOLARIS
    10. DId the same for FireFox 2.0.0.6. Of the two, thunderbird fails to
    start.

    mgvp1: which thunderbird
    /opt/sfw/bin/thunderbird
    mgvp1: echo $PATH
    /usr/bin::/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/opt/ITvpnclient/
    bin:/usr/sbin:/export/home/ellison/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/java/bin:/opt/
    Acrobat5/bin:/export/home/ellison/AccessLine/TeleDesk:/opt/sfw/bin
    mgvp1: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib/thunderbird
    mgvp1: uname
    SunOS
    mgvp1: cat /etc/release
    Solaris 10 s10_62 SPARC
    Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Use is subject to license terms.
    Assembled 21 June 2004
    mgvp1: uname -a
    SunOS mgvp1 5.10 s10_62 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
    mgvp1: thunderbird
    ld.so.1: /opt/sfw/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin: fatal: relocation
    error: file /opt/sfw/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin: symbol
    gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found
    Killed
    mgvp1:

    I have googled and searched and seen lots of various things, some of
    them very old. IN this forum there is no mention of gdk_threads_lock.
    In any case, I am seeking some help in figuring out what library I am
    missing, or some other idea as to how to get this to work.

    Thanks.

    Rgds.
    Daniel Ellison

  2. Re: gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found

    drellison7@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Unpacked and pkgadded the latest Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 for SPARC SOLARIS
    > 10. DId the same for FireFox 2.0.0.6. Of the two, thunderbird fails to
    > start.
    > I have googled and searched and seen lots of various things, some of
    > them very old. IN this forum there is no mention of gdk_threads_lock.
    > In any case, I am seeking some help in figuring out what library I am
    > missing, or some other idea as to how to get this to work.

    if you don't get any response here, then you might try
    asking in one of the solaris forums:

    http://forum.java.sun.com/index.jspa?tab=solaris
    http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/index.jspa?categoryID=1
    http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/index.jspa?categoryID=1