junk mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on junk mail - Mozilla ; Either a received email (unopened) or the latest version changed my junk email folder to a flame. Also, when I mark email as junk, nothing happens. I have turned on the "move to junk folder" option. I have run registry ...

  1. junk mail

    Either a received email (unopened) or the latest version changed my
    junk email folder to a flame. Also, when I mark email as junk,
    nothing happens.

    I have turned on the "move to junk folder" option. I have run
    registry fix and registry mechanic, removed thunderbird completely
    including the folder, run the registry programs again and reinstalled
    TB. I'm out of ideas! Help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: junk mail

    bberges@shaw.ca wrote:
    > Either a received email (unopened) or the latest version changed my
    > junk email folder to a flame. Also, when I mark email as junk,
    > nothing happens.

    Try to manually run Junk filter from Tools> Run junk mail control on folder.

    > I have turned on the "move to junk folder" option. I have run
    > registry fix and registry mechanic, removed thunderbird completely
    > including the folder, run the registry programs again and reinstalled
    > TB. I'm out of ideas! Help would be appreciated.

    Also see these workaround
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_messages_not_moved"

  3. Re: junk mail

    On 8/20/2007 4:05 PM bberges@shaw.ca inquired:

    > Either a received email (unopened) or the latest version changed my
    > junk email folder to a flame.

    I don't understand that sentence.

    Also, when I mark email as junk,
    > nothing happens.

    see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_messages_not_moved for several
    possible solutions, the most likely of which may be a simple compacting
    of your folders.

    > I have turned on the "move to junk folder" option.

    ok

    I have run
    > registry fix and registry mechanic, removed thunderbird completely
    > including the folder, run the registry programs again and reinstalled
    > TB. I'm out of ideas! Help would be appreciated.

    Those actions were more than likely of no use and liable to cause more
    problems than they cured.
    Your problem is likely within your Tbird profile files, not the
    registry, and reinstalling the software won't alter the likely offending
    files...

  4. Re: junk mail

    On Aug 22, 9:45 am, goodwin wrote:
    > On 8/20/2007 4:05 PM bber...@shaw.ca inquired:
    >
    > > Either a received email (unopened) or the latest version changed my
    > > junk email folder to a flame.

    > I don't understand that sentence.
    >
    > Also, when I mark email as junk,
    >
    > > nothing happens.

    > seehttp://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_messages_not_movedfor several
    > possible solutions, the most likely of which may be a simple compacting
    > of your folders.
    >

    > > I have turned on the "move to junk folder" option.

    > ok
    >
    > I have run
    >
    > > registry fix and registry mechanic, removed thunderbird completely
    > > including the folder, run the registry programs again and reinstalled
    > > TB. I'm out of ideas! Help would be appreciated.

    > Those actions were more than likely of no use and liable to cause more
    > problems than they cured.
    > Your problem is likely within your Tbird profile files, not the
    > registry, and reinstalling the software won't alter the likely offending
    > files...

    I have solved the problem. The flame seems to be part of an update.
    I downloaded the latest TB to a computer that has never had TB. The
    flame was there as well.

  5. Re: junk mail

    bberges@shaw.ca wrote:
    > I have solved the problem. The flame seems to be part of an update.
    > I downloaded the latest TB to a computer that has never had TB. The
    > flame was there as well.

    that flame is also theme dependant. The theme I'm using
    [Mostly Crystal] changes it to something that looks like an
    empty box

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread