Re: Adjust the number of cached connections - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Adjust the number of cached connections - Mozilla ; stef wrote: > TB 2.0.0.6 > Win XP HE > > Hi, > Is there a way to adjust the number of cached connections? > I am getting an error message to the effect I may have exceeded the > ...

  1. Re: Adjust the number of cached connections

    stef wrote:
    > TB 2.0.0.6
    > Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    > Is there a way to adjust the number of cached connections?
    > I am getting an error message to the effect I may have exceeded the
    > maximum number of connections to this server.....
    > See screenshot here:
    >
    > This is often triggered by the use of Extension Xpunge
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I found this
    but it
    doesn't help.
    I have recently switched to Courier IMAP and mbox to maildir format; and
    the problem started to appear.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Adjust the number of cached connections

    Thunderbird Leader stef teletyped, On 8/20/2007 2:21 AM:
    > stef wrote:
    >> TB 2.0.0.6
    >> Win XP HE
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> Is there a way to adjust the number of cached connections?
    >> I am getting an error message to the effect I may have exceeded the
    >> maximum number of connections to this server.....
    >> See screenshot here:
    >>
    >> This is often triggered by the use of Extension Xpunge
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > I found this
    > but
    > it doesn't help.
    > I have recently switched to Courier IMAP and mbox to maildir format;
    > and the problem started to appear.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    That is a message from the server telling you to back off a bit.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  3. Re: Adjust the number of cached connections

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader stef teletyped, On 8/20/2007 2:21 AM:
    >> stef wrote:
    >>> TB 2.0.0.6
    >>> Win XP HE
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Is there a way to adjust the number of cached connections?
    >>> I am getting an error message to the effect I may have exceeded the
    >>> maximum number of connections to this server.....
    >>> See screenshot here:
    >>>
    >>> This is often triggered by the use of Extension Xpunge
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> I found this
    >> but
    >> it doesn't help.
    >> I have recently switched to Courier IMAP and mbox to maildir format;
    >> and the problem started to appear.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > That is a message from the server telling you to back off a bit.

    I believe you're right. So how do I fix this? I can no longer "hit a
    toolbar button" [using the extension XPunge] and expunge all my
    accounts at once, which is really inconvenient.

    I need to have my hosting company adjust their max number of allowed
    connections? What else?

    I have about 15 email accounts (each with a minimum of 4 folders, Inbox,
    Drafts, Sent, and Trash).

+ Reply to Thread