Migrating from Win2K to XP - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Migrating from Win2K to XP - Mozilla ; Will soon be migrating my PC from Win2K to XP, and will dual-booting for a while. I have loads of extensions and set-up tweaks in TB. Is there any efficient way to move the set-up and messages from one OS ...

  1. Migrating from Win2K to XP

    Will soon be migrating my PC from Win2K to XP, and will dual-booting for a
    while. I have loads of extensions and set-up tweaks in TB. Is there any
    efficient way to move the set-up and messages from one OS to the other?

  2. Re: Migrating from Win2K to XP

    Dan G wrote:
    > Will soon be migrating my PC from Win2K to XP, and will dual-booting
    > for a while. I have loads of extensions and set-up tweaks in TB. Is
    > there any efficient way to move the set-up and messages from one OS
    > to the other?

    While using Dual boot if you want to access same thunderbird profile
    folder from different OS then see this response
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/651d547f87cfcaa0"

    If you want to use TB profile from only one OS then :
    If Win2K drive , that contains TB profile , is accessible (read/write)
    from XP then just modify profiles.ini file to point it to that profile
    folder , see
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder#Modify_profiles.ini_to_ point_to_the_new_location_-_Advanced"

    If drive is not visible from XP then :
    Copy profile folder in a shared drive or follow any other possible way
    to copy it in a location , visible from XP .

    Login to XP. Goto start > run , type

    "thunderbird.exe" -P

    It will open profile manager window .
    Create a new profile and point profile folder location to copied profile
    folder.
    Start with new profile .

  3. Re: Migrating from Win2K to XP

    Dan G wrote:
    > Will soon be migrating my PC from Win2K to XP, and will dual-booting for a
    > while. I have loads of extensions and set-up tweaks in TB. Is there any
    > efficient way to move the set-up and messages from one OS to the other?

    You could try MozBackup. Stand alone program. Sorry no link. Google
    it. Work XP to rebuild XP for me.

+ Reply to Thread