Problem Inserting Pictures - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem Inserting Pictures - Mozilla ; I composed an email into which I inserted several images (I unchecked "attach images"). They show up fine in the compose window, but neither did my recipient get them nor were they in the copy in my Sent folder. -- ...

  1. Problem Inserting Pictures

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes
    perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul,
    sincerity, earnestness and kindness....
    --Confucius

  2. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > I composed an email into which I inserted several images (I unchecked
    > "attach images").
    >
    > They show up fine in the compose window, but neither did my recipient
    > get them nor were they in the copy in my Sent folder.

    Select that sent message in sent folder , look at 'content-type' in it's
    'message source' . Is it 'text/plain' ?

  3. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    *-* On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:57:24 -0400,
    *-* In Article
    mailman.831.1187467090.3546.support-...ts.mozilla.org,
    *-* Pete Holsberg wrote
    *-* About Problem Inserting Pictures

    > I composed an email into which I inserted several images (I unchecked
    > "attach images").

    > They show up fine in the compose window, but neither did my recipient
    > get them nor were they in the copy in my Sent folder.

    I've had that happen when forwarding (Inline) messages containing
    images. What I've found when this happens (and what I now make a
    practice of checking for before sending) is that the HTML source for
    the message contains the following string:

    for each image in the message. When I delete the

    moz-do-not-send="true"

    portion everywhere it appears, TB will then include the images in the
    sent message. To accomplish this,

    1. In the message body in the Compose window, press to
    select the entire message body.

    2. Insert --> HTML

    3. In the window that opens, delete all copies of the
    "moz-do-not-send="true"" string. Don't delete the
    information, however, as that points to, and
    identifies the image(s) you're inserting.

    4. When done, click on "Insert" to replace the original HTML with
    your edited version.

    5. Send your message.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  4. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Ken Whiton keyed the following on 8/18/2007 10:47 PM:
    > *-* On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:57:24 -0400, In Article
    > mailman.831.1187467090.3546.support-...ts.mozilla.org,
    > *-* Pete Holsberg wrote About Problem Inserting Pictures
    >
    >> I composed an email into which I inserted several images (I unchecked
    >> "attach images").

    >> They show up fine in the compose window, but neither did my recipient
    >> get them nor were they in the copy in my Sent folder.

    > I've had that happen when forwarding (Inline) messages containing
    > images.

    This occurred when composing an original message.

    > What I've found when this happens (and what I now make a
    > practice of checking for before sending) is that the HTML source for
    > the message contains the following string:
    >

    > for each image in the message. When I delete the
    >
    > moz-do-not-send="true"
    >
    > portion everywhere it appears, TB will then include the images in the
    > sent message. To accomplish this,
    >
    > 1. In the message body in the Compose window, press to
    > select the entire message body.
    >
    > 2. Insert --> HTML
    >
    > 3. In the window that opens, delete all copies of the
    > "moz-do-not-send="true"" string. Don't delete the
    > information, however, as that points to, and
    > identifies the image(s) you're inserting.

    Did you ever try changing true to false?

    > 4. When done, click on "Insert" to replace the original HTML with
    > your edited version.
    >
    > 5. Send your message.

    To have to do that means that there's something drastically wrong!

    Hey, Mozilla Champions -- tell us what causes moz-do-not-send="true" to
    be inserted, please!

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All
    you have to do is live long enough...
    --Groucho Marx

  5. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Thunderbird Leader Pete Holsberg teletyped, On 8/19/2007 12:52 PM:
    > Ken Whiton keyed the following on 8/18/2007 10:47 PM:
    >> *-* On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:57:24 -0400, In Article
    >> mailman.831.1187467090.3546.support-...ts.mozilla.org,
    >> *-* Pete Holsberg wrote About Problem Inserting Pictures
    >>
    >>> I composed an email into which I inserted several images (I unchecked
    >>> "attach images").

    >>> They show up fine in the compose window, but neither did my recipient
    >>> get them nor were they in the copy in my Sent folder.

    >> I've had that happen when forwarding (Inline) messages containing
    >> images.

    > This occurred when composing an original message.
    >
    >> What I've found when this happens (and what I now make a
    >> practice of checking for before sending) is that the HTML source for
    >> the message contains the following string:
    >>

    >> for each image in the message. When I delete the
    >>
    >> moz-do-not-send="true"
    >>
    >> portion everywhere it appears, TB will then include the images in the
    >> sent message. To accomplish this,
    >>
    >> 1. In the message body in the Compose window, press to
    >> select the entire message body.
    >>
    >> 2. Insert --> HTML
    >>
    >> 3. In the window that opens, delete all copies of the
    >> "moz-do-not-send="true"" string. Don't delete the
    >> information, however, as that points to, and
    >> identifies the image(s) you're inserting.

    > Did you ever try changing true to false?
    >>
    >> 4. When done, click on "Insert" to replace the original HTML with
    >> your edited version.
    >>
    >> 5. Send your message.

    > To have to do that means that there's something drastically wrong!
    >
    > Hey, Mozilla Champions -- tell us what causes moz-do-not-send="true"
    > to be inserted, please!

    You must be composing in HTML mode, noted by presence of a tool bar
    below the subject box. You also need to apply some HTML to some text.
    Then You must send in HTML only or Both HTML and Plain/Text. If not
    composed with additional HTML composer will fail to properly process the
    images during send. Unfortunately the composer is still the one from
    Mozilla Suite 1.0.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  6. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

  7. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Ron K. keyed the following on 8/19/2007 1:25 PM:

    >> To have to do that means that there's something drastically wrong!
    >>
    >> Hey, Mozilla Champions -- tell us what causes moz-do-not-send="true"
    >> to be inserted, please!

    > You must be composing in HTML mode, noted by presence of a tool bar
    > below the subject box. You also need to apply some HTML to some text.
    > Then You must send in HTML only or Both HTML and Plain/Text. If not
    > composed with additional HTML composer will fail to properly process the
    > images during send. Unfortunately the composer is still the one from
    > Mozilla Suite 1.0.

    1) I am composing in HTML mode. In plain text mode, there is no Insert >
    Images

    2) In Tools > Options > Composition > Send Options, I have "send in HTML
    anyway"

    Why the moz-do-not-send?????

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Patriotism is supporting your country at all times, and your government
    when it deserves it.
    --Mark Twain

  8. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Hey, Mozilla Champions -- tell us what causes moz-do-not-send="true" to
    > be inserted, please!

    http://www.google.com/custom?cx=0032...nel=1541744254

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Problem Inserting Pictures

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > what causes moz-do-not-send="true" to be inserted, please!

    That option , if not checked , causes to inset path/link of the image ,
    not the actual
    image content . It is very helpful when you are including a _remote
    image_ in your mail . In your case you are actually including local path
    of image which is certainly not accessible from your friend's computer .
    so he/she didn't find that image in message .

    ["http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_complex_mails_with_inline_images"]

+ Reply to Thread