Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 - Mozilla ; I have just auto-upgraded from TB 1.5.x.x to TB 2.0.0.6 and now have two mail toolbars. I unchecked the Mail Toolbar in the View>Menu>Toolbars which still left one Mail Toolbar showing and I cannot disable it. I went into Toolbar ...

  1. Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    I have just auto-upgraded from TB 1.5.x.x to TB 2.0.0.6 and now have
    two mail toolbars. I unchecked the Mail Toolbar in the
    View>Menu>Toolbars which still left one Mail Toolbar showing and I
    cannot disable it. I went into Toolbar Custom Setting and selected the
    'Default' setting but this also made no difference The Knowledge Base
    suggests the I delete the file 'localstore.rdf' which I did. However,
    when I restart TB I get two Mail ToolBars showing again.

    Anyone have any suggestion to permanently fix this problem??

  2. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On 8/18/2007 12:07 AM, collectorz@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > I have just auto-upgraded from TB 1.5.x.x to TB 2.0.0.6 and now have
    > two mail toolbars. I unchecked the Mail Toolbar in the
    > View>Menu>Toolbars which still left one Mail Toolbar showing and I
    > cannot disable it. I went into Toolbar Custom Setting and selected the
    > 'Default' setting but this also made no difference The Knowledge Base
    > suggests the I delete the file 'localstore.rdf' which I did. However,
    > when I restart TB I get two Mail ToolBars showing again.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestion to permanently fix this problem??

    any extensions installed?

    try deleting localstore.rdf and if that doesn't work then panacea.dat
    file in your profile.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_fo...nderbird#Files

  3. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    collectorz@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > I have just auto-upgraded from TB 1.5.x.x to TB 2.0.0.6 and now have
    > two mail toolbars. I unchecked the Mail Toolbar in the
    > View>Menu>Toolbars which still left one Mail Toolbar showing and I
    > cannot disable it. I went into Toolbar Custom Setting and selected
    > the 'Default' setting but this also made no difference The Knowledge
    > Base suggests the I delete the file 'localstore.rdf' which I did.
    > However, when I restart TB I get two Mail ToolBars showing again.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestion to permanently fix this problem??

    Have you deleted that file when Thunderbird is completely closed ?

    BTW, if you switch back to default Theme ( Tools>Add-ons>Themes ) and
    restart Thunderbird , does it solve this problem ?

    Also according to
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_2.0_installation_issues"

    * If you get two or more toolbars after installing:

    * If you have the McAfee toolbar, uninstall McAfee spamkiller.
    Uninstall Thunderbird. Delete the contents of the extensions directory
    in your profile. Then try again.
    * Otherwise delete the localstore.rdf file in your profile.
    Thunderbird will create a new version of that file when you start using
    the default settings for your toolbars, buttons, and window positions.

    * If you have unusual toolbars with strange buttons, problems
    clicking on menu commands, or when you right click on a message and try
    to copy/move it to a new folder it won't list all of the folders try
    switching to a new theme. They changed the extension manager again and
    that causes problems with many themes. Older themes will probably also
    not show new features such as the "advanced folder views" and "message
    history navigation", and may not have the tag button in the toolbar. If
    you check the list of recently updated themes any from March 2007 onward
    will probably work. "
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

  4. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On Aug 18, 5:57 pm, Nir wrote:
    > collect...@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > > I have just auto-upgraded from TB 1.5.x.x to TB 2.0.0.6 and now have
    > > two mail toolbars. I unchecked the Mail Toolbar in the
    > > View>Menu>Toolbars which still left one Mail Toolbar showing and I
    > > cannot disable it. I went into Toolbar Custom Setting and selected
    > > the 'Default' setting but this also made no difference The Knowledge
    > > Base suggests the I delete the file 'localstore.rdf' which I did.
    > > However, when I restart TB I get two Mail ToolBars showing again.

    > > Anyone have any suggestion to permanently fix this problem??

    > Have you deleted that file when Thunderbird is completely closed ?
    >
    > BTW, if you switch back to default Theme ( Tools>Add-ons>Themes ) and
    > restart Thunderbird , does it solve this problem ?
    >
    > Also according to
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_2.0_installation_issues"
    >
    > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > * If you get two or more toolbars after installing:
    >
    > * If you have the McAfee toolbar, uninstall McAfee spamkiller.
    > Uninstall Thunderbird. Delete the contents of the extensions directory
    > in your profile. Then try again.
    > * Otherwise delete the localstore.rdf file in your profile.
    > Thunderbird will create a new version of that file when you start using
    > the default settings for your toolbars, buttons, and window positions.
    >
    > * If you have unusual toolbars with strange buttons, problems
    > clicking on menu commands, or when you right click on a message and try
    > to copy/move it to a new folder it won't list all of the folders try
    > switching to a new theme. They changed the extension manager again and
    > that causes problems with many themes. Older themes will probably also
    > not show new features such as the "advanced folder views" and "message
    > history navigation", and may not have the tag button in the toolbar. If
    > you check the list of recently updated themes any from March 2007 onward
    > will probably work. "
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

    Have already tried deleting the localstore.rdf file but no
    difference.System still starts with two Mail Toolbars. I have tried
    disabling all extensions as well as starting Thunderbird in 'Safe
    Mode' (No Extensions).

  5. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    collectorz@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:

    > Have already tried deleting the localstore.rdf file but no
    > difference.System still starts with two Mail Toolbars. I have tried
    > disabling all extensions as well as starting Thunderbird in 'Safe
    > Mode' (No Extensions).

    Does that extra toolbar contain any buttons ? If possible take a
    screen-shot of that toolbar , upload that image elsewhere and post link
    here .

    --
    "http://imageshack.us/"

  6. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On Aug 18, 6:33 pm, Nir wrote:
    > collect...@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > > Have already tried deleting the localstore.rdf file but no
    > > difference.System still starts with two Mail Toolbars. I have tried
    > > disabling all extensions as well as starting Thunderbird in 'Safe
    > > Mode' (No Extensions).

    > Does that extra toolbar contain any buttons ? If possible take a
    > screen-shot of that toolbar , upload that image elsewhere and post link
    > here .
    >
    > --
    > "http://imageshack.us/"

    Thank you everyone for your help. I have resolved the problem by
    uninstalling McAfee SpamKiller via Add/Remove Programs in Control
    Panel. This was working fine with TB 1.5.x.x but appears to interfere
    with TB 2.0.0.6. Perhaps Mozilla or McAfee could come up with a
    resolution to this problem as I would like to use my McAfee SpamKiller
    that I purchased.

  7. Re: Multiple Mail Toolbars in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

    On Aug 18, 4:10 am, collect...@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > On Aug 18, 6:33 pm, Nir wrote:
    >
    > > collect...@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
    > > > Have already tried deleting the localstore.rdf file but no
    > > > difference.System still starts with two MailToolbars. I have tried
    > > > disabling all extensions as well as starting Thunderbird in 'Safe
    > > > Mode' (No Extensions).

    > > Does that extra toolbar contain any buttons ? If possible take a
    > > screen-shot of that toolbar , upload that image elsewhere and post link
    > > here .

    > > --
    > > "http://imageshack.us/"

    > Visit http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=124053 for a possible workaround with SpamKiller installed.
    > Thank you everyone for your help. I have resolved the problem by
    > uninstalling McAfee SpamKiller via Add/Remove Programs in Control
    > Panel. This was working fine with TB 1.5.x.x but appears to interfere
    > with TB 2.0.0.6. Perhaps Mozilla or McAfee could come up with a
    > resolution to this problem as I would like to use my McAfee SpamKiller
    > that I purchased.

    Visit http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=124053 for a
    possible workaround with SpamKiller installed.

+ Reply to Thread