Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail - Mozilla ; My hotmail account with the "live" mail setting cannot be used in Thunderbird lime my other hotmail accounts. version 2.0.0.6 (20070728) webmail 1.2.3 hotmail 1.2.5 I have tested the live and Webdav (negative vibes error) setting but only in live ...

  1. Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    My hotmail account with the "live" mail setting cannot be used in
    Thunderbird lime my other hotmail accounts.
    version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    webmail 1.2.3
    hotmail 1.2.5

    I have tested the live and Webdav (negative vibes error) setting but
    only in live the PW is accepted and looks like it works
    But when recieving mail the statusbar shows me that there are mails
    but the cannot be viewed in thunderbird, nothing happens.

    When trying to send mail I get the famous negative vibes error.

  2. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    loppispost@gmail.com wrote:
    > My hotmail account with the "live" mail setting cannot be used in
    > Thunderbird lime my other hotmail accounts.
    > version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    > webmail 1.2.3
    > hotmail 1.2.5
    >
    > I have tested the live and Webdav (negative vibes error) setting but
    > only in live the PW is accepted and looks like it works
    > But when recieving mail the statusbar shows me that there are mails
    > but the cannot be viewed in thunderbird, nothing happens.
    >
    > When trying to send mail I get the famous negative vibes error.

    there is a webmail extension forum where they can help you:
    http://groups.google.com/group/thund...mail-extension

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    On 18 aug, 00:01, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > loppisp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > My hotmail account with the "live" mail setting cannot be used in
    > > Thunderbird lime my other hotmail accounts.
    > > version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    > > webmail 1.2.3
    > > hotmail 1.2.5

    > > I have tested the live and Webdav (negative vibes error) setting but
    > > only in live the PW is accepted and looks like it works
    > > But when recieving mail the statusbar shows me that there are mails
    > > but the cannot be viewed in thunderbird, nothing happens.

    > > When trying to send mail I get the famous negative vibes error.

    > there is a webmail extension forum where they can help you:http://groups.google.com/group/thund...mail-extension
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Thank you for the reply, It didn't work, Thunderbird still shows new
    massages in statusbar but doesn't download them.

  4. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    loppispost@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 18 aug, 00:01, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >> loppisp...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> My hotmail account with the "live" mail setting cannot be used in
    >>> Thunderbird lime my other hotmail accounts.
    >>> version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    >>> webmail 1.2.3
    >>> hotmail 1.2.5
    >>> I have tested the live and Webdav (negative vibes error) setting but
    >>> only in live the PW is accepted and looks like it works
    >>> But when recieving mail the statusbar shows me that there are mails
    >>> but the cannot be viewed in thunderbird, nothing happens.
    >>> When trying to send mail I get the famous negative vibes error.

    >> there is a webmail extension forum where they can help you:http://groups.google.com/group/thund...mail-extension
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    >> only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    >> or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >>
    >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > Thank you for the reply, It didn't work, Thunderbird still shows new
    > massages in statusbar but doesn't download them.

    check your settings: Tools, Account Settings, select the
    account, and make sure that under Server Settings, that
    "automatically download new messages" is checked.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    On 18 aug, 08:48, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > loppisp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On 18 aug, 00:01, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > > wrote:
    > >> there is a webmail extension forum where they can help you:http://groups.google.com/group/thund...mail-extension

    > >> --
    > >> Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > >> only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > >> or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    > >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > > Thank you for the reply, It didn't work, Thunderbird still shows new
    > > massages in statusbar but doesn't download them.

    > check your settings: Tools, Account Settings, select the
    > account, and make sure that under Server Settings, that
    > "automatically download new messages" is checked.
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    This setting is set correct, sending mail isn't possible either, I get
    the negative vibes error then.

  6. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    loppispost@gmail.com wrote:

    > This setting is set correct, sending mail isn't possible either, I
    > get the negative vibes error then.

    see this thread
    "http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/browse_frm/thread/e4011446ea140bfe/10001eaaa910d2f3?lnk=gst&q=negative+vibes&rnum=2#10001eaaa910d2f3"

  7. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    i have the same weard problem..
    i got 2 hotmail adresses.

    1 is linked to my LEGAL windows XP/VISTA
    the other not..

    now it comes..
    with the adres NOT linked to my windows i can receive (and send) email)

    but with the adres that is linked to my windows i cannot receive email.
    got the negative vibes things.

    i turned off firewall (was one of the things i early readed)
    nothing.
    played with the hotmail settings, nope..

    it is weard, very weard.

    spatieman.

  8. Re: Hotmail cannot recieve or send mail

    spatieman wrote:
    > i have the same weard problem..
    > i got 2 hotmail adresses.
    >
    > 1 is linked to my LEGAL windows XP/VISTA
    > the other not..
    >
    > now it comes..
    > with the adres NOT linked to my windows i can receive (and send) email)
    >
    > but with the adres that is linked to my windows i cannot receive email.
    > got the negative vibes things.
    >
    > i turned off firewall (was one of the things i early readed)
    > nothing.
    > played with the hotmail settings, nope..
    >
    > it is weard, very weard.
    >
    > spatieman.

    UPDATE.
    just upgrade hotmail to 1.2.6