ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags - Mozilla ; The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem to be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is there any way to delete just one tag? Is there any way to alter ...

  1. ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem to
    be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is
    there any way to delete just one tag? Is there any way to alter the
    color of an existing tag (without going into the code)? Is there any
    way to edit the name of an existing tag? If not, why not?

  2. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    Storm wrote:
    > The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem to
    > be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is

    I think you get all these thing in context menu .
    "remove all tags" doesn't delete tags but it reset tag value to '0' (
    normal ).

    > there any way to delete just one tag? Is there any way to alter the
    > color of an existing tag (without going into the code)? Is there any
    > way to edit the name of an existing tag? If not, why not?

    Goto Tools>Options>Display>Tags.

  3. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    On 8/17/2007 3:55 PM, Nir wrote:
    > Storm wrote:
    >> The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem
    >> to be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is

    did you consult the knowledge base?

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Tags has info, but by no means covers everything.

    > I think you get all these thing in context menu .

    and also by typing a number. example:
    type "1" - tag 1 is on
    type "1" - tag 1 is off

    > "remove all tags" doesn't delete tags but it reset tag value to '0' (
    > normal ).

    don't think so, since you can assign multiple tags to single message.

  4. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    Wayne Mery ha scritto:
    > On 8/17/2007 3:55 PM, Nir wrote:
    >> Storm wrote:
    >>> The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem
    >>> to be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is

    > did you consult the knowledge base?
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Tags has info, but by no means covers everything.

    I usually use "saved searches" as stated in the KB article quoted above,
    but if I apply multiple tags to a newsgroup message, tags are correctly
    added to the message, but the saved search is not updated, while in mail
    massages with new multiple tags, saved searches are updated.

    Is it a known issue or what?

    Regards,

    Gianluca
    --
    http://www.letturefantastiche.com/
    Letture Fantastiche - Acquisto e lettura gratuita di libri o racconti di

  5. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    Wayne Mery wrote:

    >> "remove all tags" doesn't delete tags but it reset tag value to '0'
    >> ( normal ).

    > don't think so, since you can assign multiple tags to single message.

    Any message can hold one tag at a time and right click on any tagged
    message > tag > remove all tags will make that message tag less .

  6. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    Wayne Mery wrote:

    > that was true of labels. but it is not true for tags, of which you can
    > have multiple. type "1" and then "2" and if you expand the tag column or
    > message header you can see multiple assignments.

    Thanks for this information

  7. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    On Aug 18, 5:55 am, Nir wrote:
    > Storm wrote:
    > > The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem to
    > > be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is

    > I think you get all these thing in context menu .
    > "remove all tags" doesn't delete tags but it reset tag value to '0' (
    > normal ).
    >
    > > there any way to delete just one tag? Is there any way to alter the
    > > color of an existing tag (without going into the code)? Is there any
    > > way to edit the name of an existing tag? If not, why not?

    > Goto Tools>Options>Display>Tags.

    Hello there,
    I am running Linux version of Thunderbird. If I right click on the
    actual message and create a tag from there I cannot delete in the
    Display Tag Menu as it shown there. I accidently made a tag "Take
    Note" in yuk yellow and need to remove the Tag. Anyone got a fix to
    delete the Tag if added by right clicking the message.
    Thanks in Advance.

  8. Re: ThunderBird 2.0.0.6 tags

    On Aug 20, 11:24 pm, t...@ugolini.com.au wrote:
    > On Aug 18, 5:55 am, Nir wrote:
    >
    > > Storm wrote:
    > > > The new tags feature is nice, but frustrating. Our only options seem to
    > > > be "use existing tags", "create a new tag", or "remove all tags". Is

    > > I think you get all these thing in context menu .
    > > "remove all tags" doesn't delete tags but it reset tag value to '0' (
    > > normal ).

    > > > there any way to delete just one tag? Is there any way to alter the
    > > > color of an existing tag (without going into the code)? Is there any
    > > > way to edit the name of an existing tag? If not, why not?

    > > Goto Tools>Options>Display>Tags.

    > Hello there,
    > I am running Linux version of Thunderbird. If I right click on the
    > actual message and create a tag from there I cannot delete in the
    > Display Tag Menu as it shown there. I accidentally made a tag "Take
    > Note" in yuk yellow and need to remove the Tag. Anyone got a fix to
    > delete the Tag if added by right clicking the message.
    > Thanks in Advance.

    I meant to say "I cannot delete in the Display Tag Menu as it is "NOT"
    shown there.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread