re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane - Mozilla

This is a discussion on re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane - Mozilla ; mr_unreliable wrote: > hi group, > > I received an auto-upgrade today, Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20070728). > > I am running on win98se (sorry, but xp and vista don't appeal). > > Here's the question. When I attempt to display a ...

  1. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    mr_unreliable wrote:
    > hi group,
    >
    > I received an auto-upgrade today, Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20070728).
    >
    > I am running on win98se (sorry, but xp and vista don't appeal).
    >
    > Here's the question. When I attempt to display a newsgroup
    > posting in the "Message Pane", I get the "header" information,
    > which makes reading the message itself all but impossible.
    >
    > In the previous version of Thunderbird, I got the "header"
    > info when I opened the ng posting, but NOT in the "message
    > pane".
    >
    > Is there any way to configure Thunderbird to leave off the
    > header info when I display a ng posting in the message pane?
    >
    > cheers, jw

    If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?

  2. re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    hi group,

    I received an auto-upgrade today, Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20070728).

    I am running on win98se (sorry, but xp and vista don't appeal).

    Here's the question. When I attempt to display a newsgroup
    posting in the "Message Pane", I get the "header" information,
    which makes reading the message itself all but impossible.

    In the previous version of Thunderbird, I got the "header"
    info when I opened the ng posting, but NOT in the "message
    pane".

    Is there any way to configure Thunderbird to leave off the
    header info when I display a ng posting in the message pane?

    cheers, jw

  3. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    Nir wrote:
    > If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?

    hi Nir,

    I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines
    of header info and am able to read the message now.

    However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird
    would show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with
    no header (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).

    I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID
    of the header display (in the message pane). If I wish to
    see the header, I can do that by opening the message.

    cheers, jw

  4. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    mr_unreliable wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?
    >>

    > hi Nir,
    >
    > I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines
    > of header info and am able to read the message now.
    >
    > However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird
    > would show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with
    > no header (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).
    >
    > I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID
    > of the header display (in the message pane). If I wish to
    > see the header, I can do that by opening the message.
    >
    > cheers, jw

    In Header pane you will find a sign '-' , left to 'Subject'
    [See this image "http://tinyurl.com/yw49tb"]
    Click on it .

  5. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    On 8/17/2007 1:01 PM, mr_unreliable wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?
    >>

    > hi Nir,
    >
    > I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines
    > of header info and am able to read the message now.
    >
    > However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird
    > would show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with
    > no header (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).
    >
    > I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID
    > of the header display (in the message pane). If I wish to
    > see the header, I can do that by opening the message.
    >
    > cheers, jw

    View>>Headers>>None work?

    --
    Irwin

  6. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    On 8/17/2007 7:56 PM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/17/2007 1:01 PM, mr_unreliable wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:
    >>> If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?
    >>>

    >> hi Nir,
    >>
    >> I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines
    >> of header info and am able to read the message now.
    >>
    >> However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird
    >> would show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with
    >> no header (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).
    >>
    >> I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID
    >> of the header display (in the message pane). If I wish to
    >> see the header, I can do that by opening the message.
    >>
    >> cheers, jw

    > View>>Headers>>None work?

    i don't know about 2.x, but on trunk "none" does no longer exists.

  7. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 8/17/2007 7:56 PM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >> View>>Headers>>None work?
    >>

    > i don't know about 2.x, but on trunk "none" does no longer exists.

    Irwin is actually using 'Mnenhy' extension . It adds such option .

  8. Excuse my ignorance, but...

    Nir wrote:
    > Irwin is actually using 'Mnenhy' extension . It adds such option .

    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the "Mnenhy extension",
    and how does one go about finding out about and/or
    getting it???

    cheers, jw

  9. Re: Excuse my ignorance, but...

    "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2516"

    --

    "http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/#features"

  10. Re: Excuse my ignorance, but...

    mr_unreliable wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Irwin is actually using 'Mnenhy' extension . It adds such option .

    > Excuse my ignorance, but what is the "Mnenhy extension",
    > and how does one go about finding out about and/or
    > getting it???
    >
    > cheers, jw

    you can find more about it here: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    *-* On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:01:31 -0400,
    *-* In Article g82dnWXyaY1XYFjbnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* mr_unreliable wrote
    *-* About Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    > Nir wrote:
    >> If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?

    > hi Nir,

    > I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines of header
    > info and am able to read the message now.

    > However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird would
    > show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with no header
    > (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).

    It could (and I believe still can) be reduced to a single line,
    by clicking on the "-" sign to the left of the Subject:.

    > I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID of the
    > header display (in the message pane). If I wish to see the header,
    > I can do that by opening the message.

    There's a way to get rid of it entirely, but it gets rid of it in
    both the Message Pane and the Message Window, which may not be what
    you want.

    Quoting Nir from another thread last month:

    "Close Thunderbird.
    Goto Tb profile folder .
    open ( or create if doesn't exist ) chrome folder.
    open ( or create if doesn't exist ) userChrome.css file in your word
    editor."

    Then add/enter the following:

    /* Remove Message Pane/Window Header */

    #msgHeaderView {
    visibility: collapse;}

    Save the file and re-open TBird. When you now read messages or
    newsgroup posts no header area will be seen.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  12. Re: re Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Message Pane

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/17/2007 1:01 PM, mr_unreliable wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:
    >>> If you set View > Headers to Normal , does it solve your problem ?

    >> hi Nir,
    >>
    >> I tried that and it helps, that is, I just get a few lines
    >> of header info and am able to read the message now.
    >>
    >> However, as best I recall, the previous version of Thunderbird
    >> would show the newsgroup MESSAGE ONLY in the message pane, with
    >> no header (not the full version, not the abbreviated version).
    >>
    >> I would still like to know if there is any way to GET RID
    >> of the header display (in the message pane). If I wish to
    >> see the header, I can do that by opening the message.

    > View>>Headers>>None work?

    As an aside: The order of selection matters. Sometimes you have to click
    on view NONE and/or view ALL and/or view and/or restart TB
    before you get what you want. A real nuisance, possibly caused by the
    Header Tools extension (or not).

    Is it sick to think that 'Commando' is a really fun movie?

+ Reply to Thread