T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word - Mozilla

This is a discussion on T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word - Mozilla ; I use Outlook occasionally because it was my email application until I switched to T'bird this last winter. Everything was fine until yesterday when I had to look at an old archived message in Outlook. No when I try to ...

  1. T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word

    I use Outlook occasionally because it was my email
    application until I switched to T'bird this last
    winter. Everything was fine until yesterday when
    I had to look at an old archived message in
    Outlook. No when I try to send out an email
    directly from Excel or Word, it defaults to
    Outlook. I do not have Outlook checked as the
    default, T'bird is the default. I went to the
    Support section and from there downloaded Default
    Mail 2.2, but it didn't change anything. How do I
    make T'bird once again the default application for
    all my emails? Thanks

  2. Re: T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word

    BAGs wrote:
    > I use Outlook occasionally because it was my email application until I
    > switched to T'bird this last winter. Everything was fine until
    > yesterday when I had to look at an old archived message in Outlook. No
    > when I try to send out an email directly from Excel or Word, it defaults
    > to Outlook. I do not have Outlook checked as the default, T'bird is the
    > default. I went to the Support section and from there downloaded
    > Default Mail 2.2, but it didn't change anything. How do I make T'bird
    > once again the default application for all my emails? Thanks

    I kept searching and found the answer for MS 2007
    and it worked for MS 2003 which I run. If anyone
    is interested, he is how it works.

    Method 1: Change the default e-mail program to
    Thunderbird
    To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Programs tab.
    4. In the E-mail box, select Mozilla Thunderbird.
    5. Click OK.

    I still don't know why Outlook became the default
    again unless it happened when I installed all of
    those patches on patch Tuesday.

  3. Re: T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word

    *-* On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:51:06 -0400,
    *-* In Article cJqdnd1VEqy8c1jbnZ2dnUVZ_vTinZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* BAGs wrote
    *-* About Re: T'bird not default email application for Excel and Word

    > BAGs wrote:
    >> I use Outlook occasionally because it was my email application
    >> until I switched to T'bird this last winter. Everything was fine
    >> until yesterday when I had to look at an old archived message in
    >> Outlook. No when I try to send out an email directly from Excel
    >> or Word, it defaults to Outlook.

    [ ... ]

    > I kept searching and found the answer for MS 2007 and it worked for
    > MS 2003 which I run.

    [ ... ]

    > I still don't know why Outlook became the default again unless it
    > happened when I installed all of those patches on patch Tuesday.

    That's probably it. ISTR seeing others here report that
    happening when they install updates and or patches from M$. :-(

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152