signature - Mozilla

This is a discussion on signature - Mozilla ; Hi I am a newbie in thunderbird. If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature automatically appeared? thank you in advance. Mike...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: signature

  1. signature

    Hi

    I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    automatically appeared?

    thank you in advance.

    Mike


  2. Re: signature

    On 8/15/2007 10:24 PM, Thunderbird leader Mike by teletype announced:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    > automatically appeared?
    >
    > thank you in advance.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >



    Signature files are common text files you can create with Notepad if
    your a Windows user. The Signature begins with two hyphens followed by a
    space then the enter key to start a new line. Standard usage is three
    lines. Each mail or news account has an input field to enter the
    location and name of a signature file. You can use a different file for
    each account.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: signature

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    > automatically appeared?
    >
    > thank you in advance.
    >
    > Mike
    >


    You may also like to try this:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611

  4. Re: signature

    Ron K. wrote:

    > Signature files are common text files you can create with Notepad if
    > your a Windows user. The Signature begins with two hyphens followed by a
    > space then the enter key to start a new line. Standard usage is three
    > lines.


    The only relevant standard is the collection of RFCs, where 'up to four
    lines' is the suggestion.

    --
    Craig http://www.wazu.jp/
    1,238 Unicode fonts for 75 written language groups:

  5. Re: signature

    Guo, Xunhua wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am a newbie in thunderbird. If I want to compose a new mail, can
    >> there is a signature automatically appeared?
    >>
    >> thank you in advance.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    >
    > You may also like to try this:
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611


    ...also see this page "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_(Thunderbird)"


  6. Re: signature

    Ron K. wrote:
    > On 8/15/2007 10:24 PM, Thunderbird leader Mike by teletype announced:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    >> If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    >> automatically appeared?
    >>
    >> thank you in advance.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > Signature files are common text files you can create with Notepad if
    > your a Windows user. The Signature begins with two hyphens followed by a
    > space then the enter key to start a new line. Standard usage is three
    > lines. Each mail or news account has an input field to enter the
    > location and name of a signature file. You can use a different file for
    > each account.
    >

    Years ago I ran across on USENET proper length and lines of a signature
    file it stated the text element should be no more than 64 characters
    wide and a maximum of four lines. This is supposed to include space used
    as characters and only applied to text used and does not include borders.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9 Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. Re: signature

    On Aug 16, 11:58 am, "Guo, Xunhua" wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > Hi

    >
    > > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > > If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    > > automatically appeared?

    >
    > > thank you in advance.

    >
    > > Mike

    >
    > You may also like to try this:
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611

    thank you all.
    I've installed the add-on.
    However, all characters are appeared in only one sentence.
    Plus, there are lots of unreadable characters. I use some chinese-
    traditional characters in signature file.
    Furthermore, it seems it will not automatically appear in the composed
    mail.
    I need to manually include it.

    Mike


  8. Re: signature

    Em 16/8/2007 11:40, Nir escreveu...:

    >> You may also like to try this:
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611


    this link is broken.

  9. Re: signature

    On 8/16/2007 9:28 PM, Thunderbird leader Walter Tabax by teletype
    announced:
    > Em 16/8/2007 11:40, Nir escreveu...:
    >
    >
    >>> You may also like to try this:
    >>>
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611
    >>>

    >
    > this link is broken.
    >


    Link is good, works for me, page is for Signature Switch add-in.

    --
    Ron K.

  10. Re: signature

    Em 16/8/2007 22:37, Ron K. escreveu...:
    > On 8/16/2007 9:28 PM, Thunderbird leader Walter Tabax by teletype
    > announced:
    >> Em 16/8/2007 11:40, Nir escreveu...:
    >>
    >>
    >>>> You may also like to try this:
    >>>>
    >>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611
    >>>>

    >>
    >> this link is broken.
    >>

    >
    > Link is good, works for me, page is for Signature Switch add-in.
    >

    Yes, you are right. Now it worked. Sorry.
    thanks.

  11. Re: signature

    Mike pisze:
    > On Aug 16, 11:58 am, "Guo, Xunhua" wrote:
    >> Mike wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    >>> If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    >>> automatically appeared?
    >>> thank you in advance.
    >>> Mike

    >> You may also like to try this:
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611

    > thank you all.
    > I've installed the add-on.
    > However, all characters are appeared in only one sentence.
    > Plus, there are lots of unreadable characters. I use some chinese-
    > traditional characters in signature file.


    Maybe i am wrong, but try to encode file as UTF-8. Or UTF-16.
    I do not know how this extension treats file, but internal buffer in TB
    is Unicode.

    > Furthermore, it seems it will not automatically appear in the composed
    > mail.
    > I need to manually include it.
    >


    My own solution is not for signature managment, but mail template file
    may contain any text, including signature. I use it at my work.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/thunderbird/addon/4394


    > Mike


    --
    Arivald

  12. Re: signature

    On Aug 17, 4:27 pm, Arivald wrote:
    > Mike pisze:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Aug 16, 11:58 am, "Guo, Xunhua" wrote:
    > >> Mike wrote:
    > >>> Hi
    > >>> I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > >>> If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    > >>> automatically appeared?
    > >>> thank you in advance.
    > >>> Mike
    > >> You may also like to try this:

    >
    > >>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/611

    > > thank you all.
    > > I've installed the add-on.
    > > However, all characters are appeared in only one sentence.
    > > Plus, there are lots of unreadable characters. I use some chinese-
    > > traditional characters in signature file.

    >
    > Maybe i am wrong, but try to encode file as UTF-8. Or UTF-16.
    > I do not know how this extension treats file, but internal buffer in TB
    > is Unicode.
    >
    > > Furthermore, it seems it will not automatically appear in the composed
    > > mail.
    > > I need to manually include it.

    >
    > My own solution is not for signature managment, but mail template file


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Do you mean the one you sent before? And everytime you want to WRITE,
    you will use it?

    > may contain any text, including signature. I use it at my work.
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/thunderbird/addon/4394
    >
    > > Mike

    >
    > --
    > Arivald- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -




  13. Re: signature

    Mike wrote in
    news:1187231078.321971.312700@x35g2000prf.googlegr oups.com:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > If I want to compose a new mail, can there is a signature
    > automatically appeared?
    >
    > thank you in advance.
    >


    Create your signature as a text file, and save it as "sig.txt"

    In TB, go to TOOLS - ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
    Select the account.
    Check the box labeled "always attach this signature" and then use
    the navigation box below it to select "sig.txt"
    Click OK.


    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little
    weird

  14. Re: signature

    Mike pisze:
    >>> I need to manually include it.

    >> My own solution is not for signature managment, but mail template file

    >
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > Do you mean the one you sent before? And everytime you want to WRITE,
    > you will use it?
    >


    I do not understand what you mean as "And everytime you want to WRITE,
    you will use it?"

    Template for my extension is a single, standalone HTML file, anywhere on
    disk. It may contain some predefined content, styles and images. After
    setup, it is loaded automatically into composer, just before you are
    able to write.
    I programmed this to work like Stationery feature in MS Outlook Express.

    For your case, HTML template should simply contain signature only.

    --
    Arivald

+ Reply to Thread