mail had been read, put in some box? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on mail had been read, put in some box? - Mozilla ; Hi I am a newbie in thunderbird. If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some box? Thank you in advance. Mike...

  1. mail had been read, put in some box?

    Hi

    I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some
    box?

    Thank you in advance.

    Mike

  2. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some
    > box?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Mike

    You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

  3. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    On Aug 16, 11:43 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > Hi

    > > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > > If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some
    > > box?

    > > Thank you in advance.

    > > Mike

    > You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

    Currently, I create a directory and move them to it manually.
    I mean if this movement can be automatic.

    Mike

  4. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > Hi

    > > I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    > > If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some
    > > box?

    > > Thank you in advance.

    > > Mike

    > You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

    sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    do it?

  5. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Search for a plugin named Nostalgie for TB.

    Em 16/8/2007 21:23, Mike escreveu...:

    > Currently, I create a directory and move them to it manually.
    > I mean if this movement can be automatic.
    >
    > Mike

  6. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    On 8/16/2007 9:32 PM, Thunderbird leader Walter Tabax by teletype
    announced:
    > Search for a plugin named Nostalgie for TB.
    >
    > Em 16/8/2007 21:23, Mike escreveu...:
    >

    >> Currently, I create a directory and move them to it manually.
    >> I mean if this movement can be automatic.
    >>
    >> Mike

    The custom when posting to the news.mozilla.org server is to bottom post
    in the manner I am doing here.

    --
    Ron K.

  7. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Mike wrote:
    > On Aug 16, 11:43 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > wrote:
    >> Mike wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I am a newbie in thunderbird.
    >>> If I have read the email, can this mail automatically be put in some
    >>> box?
    >>> Thank you in advance.
    >>> Mike

    >> You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

    > sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    > do it?

    It won't be automatic, but this is what I would do.

    Create a folder where you want the messages to go once you have read them.
    Then create a Message filter with the following settings

    [name of folder]

    Now, after you read a bunch of emails, choose
    Tools-->Run Filters on Folder

    and the read messages will be moved

    For what its worth, its just as simple to use drag and drop and place
    the messages into other folders.

  8. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    On Aug 17, 10:15 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > On Aug 16, 11:43 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > > wrote:
    > >> You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

    > > sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    > > do it?

    > It won't be automatic, but this is what I would do.
    >
    > Create a folder where you want the messages to go once you have read them.
    > Then create a Message filter with the following settings
    >

    > [name of folder]
    >
    > Now, after you read a bunch of emails, choose
    > Tools-->Run Filters on Folder
    >
    > and the read messages will be moved
    >
    > For what its worth, its just as simple to use drag and drop and place
    > the messages into other folders.

    Thank you very mush. It works.

  9. OT Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Mike wrote:
    > On Aug 17, 10:15 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > wrote:
    >> Mike wrote:
    >>> sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    >>> do it?

    >> It won't be automatic, but this is what I would do.
    >>
    >> Create a folder where you want the messages to go once you have read them.
    >> Then create a Message filter with the following settings
    >>

    >> [name of folder]
    >>
    >> Now, after you read a bunch of emails, choose
    >> Tools-->Run Filters on Folder
    >>
    >> and the read messages will be moved
    >>
    >> For what its worth, its just as simple to use drag and drop and place
    >> the messages into other folders.

    > Thank you very mush. It works.

    Woof! Woof! !!Whoa there, Whoa! You are quite welcome !Whoa there!
    Woof! Woof! alright who said Mush? now you got the dogs going... Woof!
    Whoa there! Whoa! darn, I'll be up all night untangling these traces
    Woof! Woof!

  10. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Walter Tabax wrote:
    > Search for a plugin named Nostalgie for TB.
    >
    > Em 16/8/2007 21:23, Mike escreveu...:
    >

    >> Currently, I create a directory and move them to it manually.
    >> I mean if this movement can be automatic.
    >>
    >> Mike

    Hey Walter,
    I did a Google search for *Thunderbird plugins Nostalgie* and "not found".
    Can you help me locate it?

    Thanks...

  11. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > On Aug 16, 11:43 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > > wrote:
    > >> You can sort it to another folder if you wish, is that what you are asking?

    > > sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    > > do it?

    > It won't be automatic, but this is what I would do.
    >
    > Create a folder where you want the messages to go once you have read them.
    > Then create a Message filter with the following settings
    >

    > [name of folder]
    >
    > Now, after you read a bunch of emails, choose
    > Tools-->Run Filters on Folder
    >
    > and the read messages will be moved
    >
    > For what its worth, its just as simple to use drag and drop and place
    > the messages into other folders.

    But it doesn't do automatically.
    Can it be automatic?

    Mike

  12. Re: mail had been read, put in some box?

    Mike wrote:
    > On Aug 17, 10:15 am, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > wrote:
    >> Mike wrote:
    >>> sort? You mean sort into 1/ not been read 2/ been read mails? How to
    >>> do it?

    >> It won't be automatic, but this is what I would do.
    >>
    >> Create a folder where you want the messages to go once you have read them.
    >> Then create a Message filter with the following settings
    >>

    >> [name of folder]
    >>
    >> Now, after you read a bunch of emails, choose
    >> Tools-->Run Filters on Folder
    >>
    >> and the read messages will be moved
    >>
    >> For what its worth, its just as simple to use drag and drop and place
    >> the messages into other folders.

    > But it doesn't do automatically.
    > Can it be automatic?
    >
    > Mike

    No. Filters only run when you first have mail coming into the inbox (at
    which time they are all unread of course,is of no assistance to you).
    The only other time they run is when you select 'Run Filters on Folder'
    which is a manual selection of course.

+ Reply to Thread