What happens to 'junk'? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What happens to 'junk'? - Mozilla ; Kind of a fundamental question. I'm looking at an incoming message, and decide to click on 'Junk' in the upper toolbar. Okay, the bar now shows 'Not junk' so that I can change my mind. Is there a way to ...

  1. What happens to 'junk'?

    Kind of a fundamental question. I'm looking at an
    incoming message, and decide to click on 'Junk' in
    the upper toolbar. Okay, the bar now shows 'Not
    junk' so that I can change my mind. Is there a
    way to block that sender automatically, or add
    it to the 'Message Filters' list? In other words,
    what have I gained by saying that message is Junk?

  2. Re: What happens to 'junk'?

    William B. Lurie wrote:
    > Kind of a fundamental question. I'm looking at an
    > incoming message, and decide to click on 'Junk' in
    > the upper toolbar. Okay, the bar now shows 'Not
    > junk' so that I can change my mind. Is there a
    > way to block that sender automatically, or add
    > it to the 'Message Filters' list? In other words,
    > what have I gained by saying that message is Junk?

    When you mark a message as Junk, Thunderbird will look at the message
    and change the parameters of its internal Junk classifier so that