Setting to show threads collapsed by default? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Setting to show threads collapsed by default? - Mozilla ; Is there a setting in about :config to force threads to show collapsed as default? I couldn't find one.......

  1. Setting to show threads collapsed by default?

    Is there a setting in about:config to force threads to show collapsed as
    default? I couldn't find one....

  2. Re: Setting to show threads collapsed by default?

    Gordon wrote:
    > Is there a setting in about:config to force threads to show collapsed as
    > default? I couldn't find one....

    Set value of these preference to false

    mailnews.scroll_to_new_message
    mailnews.remember_selected_message

    Restart Thunderbird .

  3. Re: Setting to show threads collapsed by default?

    Nir wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Is there a setting in about:config to force threads to show collapsed
    >> as default? I couldn't find one....

    > Set value of these preference to false
    >
    > mailnews.scroll_to_new_message
    > mailnews.remember_selected_message
    >
    > Restart Thunderbird .

    Thanks for that - doesn't work......

  4. Re: Setting to show threads collapsed by default?

    Gordon wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>> Is there a setting in about:config to force threads to show collapsed
    >>> as default? I couldn't find one....

    >> Set value of these preference to false
    >>
    >> mailnews.scroll_to_new_message
    >> mailnews.remember_selected_message
    >>
    >> Restart Thunderbird .
    >>

    > Thanks for that - doesn't work......

    It's a View thing - if I set the View to threads-all, then the threads
    are collapsed. if I use threads-unread then the threads are expanded.
    Odd.

    Any developer like to comment on that?

  5. Re: Setting to show threads collapsed by default?

    Gordon wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Set value of these preference to false
    >>>
    >>> mailnews.scroll_to_new_message
    >>> mailnews.remember_selected_message
    >>>
    >>> Restart Thunderbird .
    >>>

    >> Thanks for that - doesn't work......

    > It's a View thing - if I set the View to threads-all, then the threads
    > are collapsed. if I use threads-unread then the threads are expanded.
    > Odd.
    >
    > Any developer like to comment on that?

    I'm just starting with TB and had the same question. I want to see
    unread threads only, but initially collapsed (like Outlook Express). No
    way to do that?

+ Reply to Thread