Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems to fail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems to fail - Mozilla ; Hi! Missing lots of emails WHEN I OPEN Thunderbird... but the hard drive has all my folders, etc... This shows up in the error file: Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80550006 [nsIMsgFolder.getMsgDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80550006 ( )" location: ...

  1. Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems to fail

    Hi!
    Missing lots of emails WHEN I OPEN Thunderbird... but the hard drive has
    all my folders, etc...

    This shows up in the error file:
    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    code: 0x80550006 [nsIMsgFolder.getMsgDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80550006
    ()" location: "JS frame ::
    chrome://messenger/content/mailWidgets.xml :: parseFolder :: line 2061"
    data: no]

    Can anyone help with this? Many thanks.
    --

    "Doc" in Los Angeles
    mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net

  2. Re: Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems tofail

    Doc wrote:
    > Hi!
    > Missing lots of emails WHEN I OPEN Thunderbird... but the hard drive has
    > all my folders, etc...
    >
    > This shows up in the error file:
    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    > code: 0x80550006 [nsIMsgFolder.getMsgDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80550006
    > ()" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://messenger/content/mailWidgets.xml :: parseFolder :: line 2061"
    > data: no]
    >
    > Can anyone help with this? Many thanks.

    try compacting the folders [under file]. If that doesn't
    work, then close the program and delete the *.msf files.
    Restart.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems tofail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed this:
    > Doc wrote:
    >> Hi! Missing lots of emails WHEN I OPEN Thunderbird... but the hard
    >> drive has all my folders, etc...
    >>
    >> This shows up in the error file: Error: uncaught exception:
    >> [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80550006
    >> [nsIMsgFolder.getMsgDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80550006 ()"
    >> location: "JS frame :: chrome://messenger/content/mailWidgets.xml
    >> :: parseFolder :: line 2061" data: no]
    >>
    >> Can anyone help with this? Many thanks.

    > try compacting the folders [under file]. If that doesn't work, then
    > close the program and delete the *.msf files. Restart.

    Already DID all that... NOTHING, no change. Amazing...
    What is this junk stuff? Thanks,

    Doc

    --

    "Doc" in Los Angeles
    mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net

  4. Re: Strange Error - Parsing or Rebuilding of Indexes ALSO seems tofail (FIXED!)

    Doc typed this:
    > Hi!
    > Missing lots of emails WHEN I OPEN Thunderbird... but the hard drive has
    > all my folders, etc...
    >
    > This shows up in the error file:
    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    > code: 0x80550006 [nsIMsgFolder.getMsgDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80550006
    > ()" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://messenger/content/mailWidgets.xml :: parseFolder :: line 2061"
    > data: no]
    >
    > Can anyone help with this? Many thanks.

    Don't even ask. This was a 'friends' PC that I was remoting to for help.
    They said it had suddenly happened (at the same time as a Word
    'normal.dot' corruption, which was easy to fix) - and indeed all the
    folders were gone, etc... in TBird. BUT THEY had click the 'recent'
    folders instead of 'all folders'! Jeez. Thanks!!!!!!
    --

    "Doc" in Los Angeles
    mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net

+ Reply to Thread