Trying to change Thunderbird to work in PORTUGUESE - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Trying to change Thunderbird to work in PORTUGUESE - Mozilla ; I would like to ask you all for a little help. I'm working with windows xp. Mozilla Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6 (20070728) Portable Apps version I have downloaded the file to make the conversion from english to portuguese. - pt-BR.xpi I ...

  1. Trying to change Thunderbird to work in PORTUGUESE

    I would like to ask you all for a little help.

    I'm working with windows xp.
    Mozilla Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    Portable Apps version

    I have downloaded the file to make the conversion from english to
    portuguese.

    - pt-BR.xpi

    I tried to install it using Tools > AddOns > Install

    Thunderbird asks to restart.

    But nothing happens with the program.

    It's still in english.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thank you for your attention.

    - walter tabax
    - sao paulo / sp
    - brasil

  2. Re: Trying to change Thunderbird to work in PORTUGUESE

    Walter,

    If you have to select the Portuguese dictionary in the general
    settings for Thunderbird > Composition. There is also an extension
    called Dictionary Switcher that detects when you write in one language
    or another. I have that installed in both TBird and Firefox. When I
    switch to Portuguese, TBird knows it and spell checks in Portuguese.
    É uma boa idéia e ajuda muito.

    Um abraço,

    Egídio

    On Aug 3, 7:56 pm, Walter Tabax wrote:
    > I would like to ask you all for a little help.
    >
    > I'm working with windows xp.
    > Mozilla Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    > Portable Apps version
    >
    > I have downloaded the file to make the conversion from english to
    > portuguese.
    >
    > - pt-BR.xpi
    >
    > I tried to install it using Tools > AddOns > Install
    >
    > Thunderbird asks to restart.
    >
    > But nothing happens with the program.
    >
    > It's still in english.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thank you for your attention.
    >
    > - walter tabax
    > - sao paulo / sp
    > - brasil

  3. Re: Trying to make my Thunderbird work in PORTUGUESE

    Egidio,
    thanks for your prompt answer.

    As I read my email I sent, I have noticed, I was not clear about what
    I'm looking for:

    I would like to work with TBird in portuguese, that means, menu,
    commands, tools, instead written in english, all in portuguese.

    That's it. Sorry for the misunderstood.
    regards.
    w.

    Em 3/8/2007 22:27, Egídio Leitão escreveu...:
    > Walter,
    >
    > If you have to select the Portuguese dictionary in the general
    > settings for Thunderbird > Composition. There is also an extension
    > called Dictionary Switcher that detects when you write in one language
    > or another. I have that installed in both TBird and Firefox. When I
    > switch to Portuguese, TBird knows it and spell checks in Portuguese.
    > É uma boa idéia e ajuda muito.
    >
    > Um abraço,
    >
    > Egídio
    >
    > On Aug 3, 7:56 pm, Walter Tabax wrote:
    >> I would like to ask you all for a little help.
    >>
    >> I'm working with windows xp.
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)
    >> Portable Apps version
    >>
    >> I have downloaded the file to make the conversion from english to
    >> portuguese.
    >>
    >> - pt-BR.xpi
    >>
    >> I tried to install it using Tools > AddOns > Install
    >>
    >> Thunderbird asks to restart.
    >>
    >> But nothing happens with the program.
    >>
    >> It's still in english.
    >>
    >> What am I doing wrong?