Thunderbird to Outlook - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird to Outlook - Mozilla ; No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA ...

  1. Thunderbird to Outlook

    No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want
    to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a
    folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on
    a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA syncs with
    Outlook 2003, which I have. Now if I could just get
    the messages from Thunderbird to Outlook.

    Anyone know how, other than forwarding them all?

    --
    Jordon

  2. Re: Thunderbird to Outlook

    On 8/3/2007 3:02 PM, Thunderbird leader Jordon by teletype announced:
    > No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want
    > to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a
    > folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on
    > a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA syncs with
    > Outlook 2003, which I have. Now if I could just get
    > the messages from Thunderbird to Outlook.
    >
    > Anyone know how, other than forwarding them all?

    Can Outlook read Berkley Mbox format mail files ?

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

  3. Re: Thunderbird to Outlook

    On Aug 3, 3:02 pm, Jordon
    wrote:
    > No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want
    > to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a
    > folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on
    > a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA syncs with
    > Outlook 2003, which I have. Now if I could just get
    > the messages from Thunderbird to Outlook.
    >
    > Anyone know how, other than forwarding them all?
    >
    > --
    > Jordon

    Creating an IMAP account in a forgiving and free web mail provider
    like AIM Mail should allow you to:
    - open the Aim IMAP account in Thundebird
    - move the messages from your TB local folders to the AIM folders
    - open the Aim IMAP account in Outlook
    - move the messages from the Aim IMAP folders to your Outlook local
    folders

    Is this easier than forwarding? I think so but maybe I'm not handling
    the forwarding well. I haven't done this routing exactly but I have
    used the general procedure to move messages from IMAP account to IMAP
    account. Only problem occurred (only once I think) when IMAP showed a
    message that no longer existed. Solution was easy - "delete" the non-
    existent message.

  4. Re: Thunderbird to Outlook

    Try IMAPSize found at http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/th2outlook.php

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:02:07 -0700, Jordon
    wrote:

    >No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want
    >to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a
    >folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on
    >a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA syncs with
    >Outlook 2003, which I have. Now if I could just get
    >the messages from Thunderbird to Outlook.
    >
    >Anyone know how, other than forwarding them all?

  5. Re: Thunderbird to Outlook

    On 8/3/2007 6:00 PM, Robert Bendett wrote:
    > Try IMAPSize found at http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/th2outlook.php
    >
    > On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:02:07 -0700, Jordon
    > wrote:
    >
    >> No, I'm not changing my email client but I do want
    >> to be able to view about 200 emails I have in a
    >> folder in Thunderbird on a Win2k Pro machine on
    >> a PDA running Win Mobile 2003. The PDA syncs with
    >> Outlook 2003, which I have. Now if I could just get
    >> the messages from Thunderbird to Outlook.
    >>
    >> Anyone know how, other than forwarding them all?

    IMAPSize works great for converting from mbox to eml files. The
    converter is under the "Tools" menu.
    Dave Pyles

  6. Re: Thunderbird to Outlook

    lyle wrote:
    > Creating an IMAP account in a forgiving and free web mail provider
    > like AIM Mail should allow you to:
    > - open the Aim IMAP account in Thundebird
    > - move the messages from your TB local folders to the AIM folders
    > - open the Aim IMAP account in Outlook
    > - move the messages from the Aim IMAP folders to your Outlook local
    > folders

    No need to to those last two steps. Simply configure Pocket Outlook to
    read the IMAP folders directly from AIM or whatever provider. I'm always
    shocked that people don't use IMAP more. It is much more convenient than
    POP and exchange crap.
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    A musicologist is a man who can read music but can't hear it. - Sir

+ Reply to Thread