completely remove deleted email account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on completely remove deleted email account - Mozilla ; TB 2.0.0.4 Win XP HE Hi, I have added an email account to TB (IMAP) and realized was not going to use it, so removed it. It no longer appears in the folder pane (which is proper) but I want ...

  1. completely remove deleted email account

    TB 2.0.0.4
    Win XP HE

    Hi,
    I have added an email account to TB (IMAP) and realized was not going to
    use it, so removed it.
    It no longer appears in the folder pane (which is proper) but I want to
    also make sure whatever email account folders/files created by TB during
    account creation process /any footprints are *also* deleted from my machine.
    I imagine those file would be in the profile but where exact;y?
    What do I want to remove--what files, folders, etc.?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: completely remove deleted email account

    stef wrote:
    > TB 2.0.0.4
    > Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    > I have added an email account to TB (IMAP) and realized was not going to
    > use it, so removed it.
    > It no longer appears in the folder pane (which is proper) but I want to
    > also make sure whatever email account folders/files created by TB during
    > account creation process /any footprints are *also* deleted from my machine.
    > I imagine those file would be in the profile but where exact;y?
    > What do I want to remove--what files, folders, etc.?
    > Thanks!

    it will be under your profile in a folder called ImapMail

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: completely remove deleted email account

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >> TB 2.0.0.4
    >> Win XP HE
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> I have added an email account to TB (IMAP) and realized was not going
    >> to use it, so removed it.
    >> It no longer appears in the folder pane (which is proper) but I want
    >> to also make sure whatever email account folders/files created by TB
    >> during account creation process /any footprints are *also* deleted
    >> from my machine.
    >> I imagine those file would be in the profile but where exact;y?
    >> What do I want to remove--what files, folders, etc.?
    >> Thanks!

    > it will be under your profile in a folder called ImapMail

    That's what I figured but can't figure out which is which and not
    looking forward to looking thru each file for cues as to which goes with
    which, etc....
    Even using created on or modified on doesn't seem to help for some
    reason. I just can't find it.
    Maybe TB 2+ does remove all files and folders when one removes an IMAP
    email account?

  4. Re: completely remove deleted email account

    stef wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> stef wrote:
    >>> TB 2.0.0.4
    >>> Win XP HE
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have added an email account to TB (IMAP) and realized was not going
    >>> to use it, so removed it.
    >>> It no longer appears in the folder pane (which is proper) but I want
    >>> to also make sure whatever email account folders/files created by TB
    >>> during account creation process /any footprints are *also* deleted
    >>> from my machine.
    >>> I imagine those file would be in the profile but where exact;y?
    >>> What do I want to remove--what files, folders, etc.?
    >>> Thanks!

    >> it will be under your profile in a folder called ImapMail
    >>

    > That's what I figured but can't figure out which is which and not
    > looking forward to looking thru each file for cues as to which goes with
    > which, etc....
    > Even using created on or modified on doesn't seem to help for some
    > reason. I just can't find it.
    > Maybe TB 2+ does remove all files and folders when one removes an IMAP
    > email account?

    click on Tools, Account Settings, select an account, then
    under Server Settings, look for local directory, and that
    should tell you the info you need.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: completely remove deleted email account

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >
    > click on Tools, Account Settings, select an account, then under Server
    > Settings, look for local directory, and that should tell you the info
    > you need.

    That's a good trick. TB names the account folders by the name of the
    mail server, it seems, so that if you have several account using the
    same domain, it names the folders mail.isp.com, mail.isp.com-1,
    mail.isp.com-2, etc., which makes it hard to distinguish which is which.
    I'll look around in there and see what's what. Tx.

+ Reply to Thread