Changing Server Types - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Changing Server Types - Mozilla ; Hi all, Does anyone know how to change from Pop to IMAP server types in Thunderbird? I want to do it without disturbing any of my other settings. Many thanks, Nick...

  1. Changing Server Types

    Hi all,

    Does anyone know how to change from Pop to IMAP server types in
    Thunderbird? I want to do it without disturbing any of my other
    settings.

    Many thanks,

    Nick

  2. Re: Changing Server Types

    nick@biocareercenter.com wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to change from Pop to IMAP server types in
    > Thunderbird?

    Personally I would set up a new account for the IMAP account, specifically choose NOT to use the Global "Local Folders" for the IMAP account.

    IMAP is handled differently than POP... the account for each type of connection exist in different subdirectories within the profile... so to "morph" an account from POP to IMAP... eeekkk.

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems

  3. Re: Changing Server Types

    Michael Lueck wrote:
    > Personally I would set up a new account for the IMAP account,
    > specifically choose NOT to use the Global "Local Folders" for the IMAP
    > account.
    >
    > IMAP is handled differently than POP... the account for each type of
    > connection exist in different subdirectories within the profile... so to
    > "morph" an account from POP to IMAP... eeekkk.

    Nick,
    Michael is exactly right above. Just create a new account within TB.
    Adjusting the settings for the account only takes a few seconds.

    --

    Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes

    You always have freedom of choice, but you never have freedom of
    consequence.

+ Reply to Thread