thunderbird.vista.pop3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird.vista.pop3 - Mozilla ; Sorry The error message was "sending the password did not succeed. Amil server pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk responded invalid user/password" However both are correct AFAIK and they work for webmail. I am merely trying to configure thunderbird for downloading email for reading and ...

  1. thunderbird.vista.pop3

    Sorry
    The error message was "sending the password did not succeed. Amil server
    pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk responded invalid user/password"
    However both are correct AFAIK and they work for webmail. I am merely
    trying to configure thunderbird for downloading email for reading and
    writing offline.
    I use vista is that anything to do with it.
    I have configured smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk port 465
    pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk Port 995 ssl.
    cheers

  2. Re: thunderbird.vista.pop3

    pj wrote:
    > Sorry
    > The error message was "sending the password did not succeed. Amil server
    > pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk responded invalid user/password"
    > However both are correct AFAIK and they work for webmail. I am merely
    > trying to configure thunderbird for downloading email for reading and
    > writing offline.
    > I use vista is that anything to do with it.
    > I have configured smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk port 465
    > pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk Port 995 ssl.
    > cheers

    if everything is set up correctly, then don't click on the
    get mail button. Just let TB do its own thing at its own
    time. I mean in the Server Settings, make sure that TB is
    set to download messages at a given time.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread