Get rid of [!! SPAM] tag - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Get rid of [!! SPAM] tag - Mozilla ; Nearly 100% of messages I receive are marked as above. Where do I switch it off? GG...

  1. Get rid of [!! SPAM] tag

    Nearly 100% of messages I receive are marked as above. Where do I
    switch it off?
    GG

  2. Re: Get rid of [!! SPAM] tag

    On 14/07/2007 2:27 pm, GG wrote:

    > Nearly 100% of messages I receive are marked as above. Where do I
    > switch it off?
    > GG

    Looks to me as if you are using Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) whose
    Anti-Spam facility inserts [!!SPAM] into the Subject if it thinks an
    email is spam. If you are using Thunderbird, there is no direct KIS
    plugin to amend false positives or negatives to train Anti-Spam. You
    have to go into the KIS Anti-Spam report window (double-click on the K
    icon in your tray and then select the Anti-Spam report). There, select
    the email(s) which have been marked as spam but which are not, right
    click, and choose the "not spam" option.

    I use KIS and, frankly, I have never liked its Anti-Spam facility and
    have never got it to work well. You might consider using Thunderbird's
    own Junk Mail Filter instead and disabling KIS Anti-Spam.

    If, on the other hand, you are not using Kaspersky, then my suggestions
    above won't be of much help!

    --
    Wilf

  3. Re: Get rid of [!! SPAM] tag

    GG wrote:
    > Nearly 100% of messages I receive are marked as above. Where do I
    > switch it off?
    > GG

    do you mean Scam messages? If so, then click on Tools,
    Options, Advanced, General tab, then the Config Editor
    button on the bottom right. Now look for this entry:

    mail.phishing.detection.enabled

    once found, double click on it and change it to false.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread