filter crossposters - Mozilla

This is a discussion on filter crossposters - Mozilla ; Is there any way to filter out cross-posters in TB2? -- ------------------------------------------------------- "Every day is Saturday when you're retired." Bob Burns Mill Hall PA (email is a spamtrap)...

  1. filter crossposters

    Is there any way to filter out cross-posters in TB2?
    "Every day is Saturday when you're retired."

    Bob Burns
    Mill Hall PA
    (email is a spamtrap)

  2. Re: filter crossposters

    Bob Burns wrote:

    > Is there any way to filter out cross-posters in TB2?

    Here's a starter: if TB allows it you can filter on Xref header
    (more efficient) or Newsgroups header (less efficient). In either
    case, with regex you can filter on the number of separators (commas
    or colons) to set the filter to kick in at whatever crosspost count
    you wish.

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: filter crossposters

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Bob Burns wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to filter out cross-posters in TB2?

    > Here's a starter: if TB allows it you can filter on Xref header
    > (more efficient) or Newsgroups header (less efficient).

    unfortuantely, no. In TB news all you're given for choices
    are: Subject, From, and Date, and thats it.

    Its been requested many time that we have others such as
    NNTP-Posting-Host, and many other options. But so far, nothing.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: filter crossposters

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Bob Burns wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to filter out cross-posters in TB2?

    >> Here's a starter: if TB allows it you can filter on Xref header
    >> (more efficient) or Newsgroups header (less efficient).

    > unfortuantely, no. In TB news all you're given for choices
    > are: Subject, From, and Date, and thats it.
    >
    > Its been requested many time that we have others such as
    > NNTP-Posting-Host, and many other options. But so far, nothing.

    I never know. That's because last time I was involved in a
    filtering thread someone chimed in claim that TB can be made to
    filter on Message-ID headers. So I toss out ideas and they may or
    may not get batted down -- or both.

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups

  5. Re: filter crossposters

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Here's a starter: if TB allows it you can filter on Xref header
    >>> (more efficient) or Newsgroups header (less efficient).

    >> unfortuantely, no. In TB news all you're given for choices
    >> are: Subject, From, and Date, and thats it.
    >>
    >> Its been requested many time that we have others such as
    >> NNTP-Posting-Host, and many other options. But so far, nothing.

    > I never know. That's because last time I was involved in a
    > filtering thread someone chimed in claim that TB can be made to
    > filter on Message-ID headers. So I toss out ideas and they may or
    > may not get batted down -- or both.

    It can!!!!???? I'd sure like to know about that thread. As
    far as I know, it can't. Unless maybe a newer version of TB
    does.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: filter crossposters

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:33:02 -0700, in message <8cudnTgoSaGezAXbnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > >> unfortuantely, no. In TB news all you're given for choices
    > >> are: Subject, From, and Date, and thats it.
    > >>
    > >> Its been requested many time that we have others such as
    > >> NNTP-Posting-Host, and many other options. But so far, nothing.

    > > I never know. That's because last time I was involved in a
    > > filtering thread someone chimed in claim that TB can be made to
    > > filter on Message-ID headers. So I toss out ideas and they may or
    > > may not get batted down -- or both.
    > >

    > It can!!!!???? I'd sure like to know about that thread. As
    > far as I know, it can't. Unless maybe a newer version of TB
    > does.

    It can in e-mail, not in newsgroups.
    Perhaps the poster of that comment was thinking of e-mail.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  7. Re: filter crossposters

    On 7/14/2007 6:56 AM , Thunderbird leader Ralph Fox by teletype announce :
    > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:33:02 -0700, in message <8cudnTgoSaGezAXbnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> I never know. That's because last time I was involved in a
    >>> filtering thread someone chimed in claim that TB can be made to
    >>> filter on Message-ID headers. So I toss out ideas and they may or
    >>> may not get batted down -- or both.
    >>>

    >> It can!!!!???? I'd sure like to know about that thread. As
    >> far as I know, it can't. Unless maybe a newer version of TB
    >> does.
    >>
    >> It can in e-mail, not in newsgroups.
    >> Perhaps the poster of that comment was thinking of e-mail.

    The problem for news filtering seems to be the desired header data for
    additional filtering is not exposed to the filtering javascript
    controls. The Meheny extension exposed the message ID headers for them
    to be clickable links. I may have other options too.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

+ Reply to Thread