RE: TB hangs when I click attach button - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RE: TB hangs when I click attach button - Mozilla ; | Can anyone help? | | No more to say other than TB appears to be working OK, except whenever I | try to attach a file it hangs just after I click the attach button. | | Using 2.0.0.4, ...

  1. RE: TB hangs when I click attach button

    | Can anyone help?
    |
    | No more to say other than TB appears to be working OK, except whenever I
    | try to attach a file it hangs just after I click the attach button.
    |
    | Using 2.0.0.4, but also was a problem with previous version. Only
    | started happening recently, upgrade to v2 didn't help. Haven't installed
    | any other s/w either.

    Can't say for sure that this is the problem, but some of the most common
    reasons for hung programs seem to be 1) a fragmented hard drive or 2)
    registry errors.

    Both can be analyzed before fixing. To check and fix fragmented hard drive
    (at least on Windows XP), go to Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance
    -> Rearrange items on your hard disc to make programs run faster. Analyze
    first and defragment if the wizard recommends it. This can take awhile,
    could be as much as an hour.

    To fix registry errors, download the registry cleaner from
    http://www.regsofts.com/free_registr...try_repair.htm , scan the
    registry and Fix Errors if there are more than a few hundred errors.

    Also, having too many programs running at once can cause resource conflicts
    which will hang programs.

  2. Re: TB hangs when I click attach button

    John Fossey wrote:

    > Can't say for sure that this is the problem, but some of the most common
    > reasons for hung programs seem to be 1) a fragmented hard drive or 2)
    > registry errors.

    Data fragmentation (not hard drive fragmentation) simply slows down its
    access, nothing else.

+ Reply to Thread