TB hangs when I click attach button - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB hangs when I click attach button - Mozilla ; Can anyone help? No more to say other than TB appears to be working OK, except whenever I try to attach a file it hangs just after I click the attach button. Using 2.0.0.4, but also was a problem with ...

  1. TB hangs when I click attach button

    Can anyone help?

    No more to say other than TB appears to be working OK, except whenever I
    try to attach a file it hangs just after I click the attach button.

    Using 2.0.0.4, but also was a problem with previous version. Only
    started happening recently, upgrade to v2 didn't help. Haven't installed
    any other s/w either.

  2. Re: TB hangs when I click attach button

    Colleen Ryan wrote:
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > No more to say other than TB appears to be working OK, except whenever I
    > try to attach a file it hangs just after I click the attach button.
    >
    > Using 2.0.0.4, but also was a problem with previous version. Only
    > started happening recently, upgrade to v2 didn't help. Haven't installed
    > any other s/w either.

    If your PC had mapped network drives that are now unavailable AND if the
    last time you attached a file in Thunderbird was from inside one of such
    mapped drives, perhaps what you are experiencing is a simple delay
    because Windows is trying to access the latest place where you attached
    a file which is now an unavailable network resource and it's giving it
    some seconds before it gives up. Try clicking on the Attach button again
    but let it stay for around a minute to see what happens. If it responds
    again, it will be most probably what I said. In this case going to a
    local folder will solve the problem for the next time you try to attach
    a file.

+ Reply to Thread