1 gmail and 1 other account; different outgoing server? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 1 gmail and 1 other account; different outgoing server? - Mozilla ; The gmail account works fine, but I need to use my secondary imap outgoing server for sending messages with my imap account. It only allows me to use 'default' or 'gmail' for outgoing with no way to add a new ...

  1. 1 gmail and 1 other account; different outgoing server?

    The gmail account works fine, but I need to use my secondary imap
    outgoing server for sending messages with my imap account. It only
    allows me to use 'default' or 'gmail' for outgoing with no way to add
    a new outgoing imap server. how do I fix this?

  2. Re: 1 gmail and 1 other account; different outgoing server?

    jihadderka@gmail.com wrote:
    > The gmail account works fine, but I need to use my secondary imap
    > outgoing server for sending messages with my imap account. It only
    > allows me to use 'default' or 'gmail' for outgoing with no way to add
    > a new outgoing imap server. how do I fix this?

    First, you will need to add the new, outgoing server, which will be an
    SMTP server, not IMAP. IMAP is receive only. SMTP is used for sending.

    Go to Tools -> Account Settings -> Outgoing Server (SMTP)
    Its under the list of accounts, all the way at the bottom. You may need
    to scroll down to see it, depending on how many accounts you have setup.

    On the right side, you will see a list of your current SMTP servers
    listed. To add another server, click the 'Add' button next to the list
    of SMTP servers, *not* the 'Add Account' button below the list of
    accounts, and fill in the details for the SMTP server you need to add.

    Once you have added the SMTP server, click on the IMAP account name, on
    the left side, and under 'Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the new server.

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread