recipient cannot see my digital sig - Mozilla

This is a discussion on recipient cannot see my digital sig - Mozilla ; TB 2.0.0.4 Win XP HE Hi, For some reason, this one recipient claims he *cannot* see my digital sig--when I send him a digitally signed email; and my sig/certif does not appear in TB's "Other People's" section under Certificate. I ...

  1. recipient cannot see my digital sig

    TB 2.0.0.4
    Win XP HE

    Hi,

    For some reason, this one recipient claims he *cannot* see my digital
    sig--when I send him a digitally signed email; and my sig/certif does
    not appear in TB's "Other People's" section under Certificate.

    I find that very odd because I have tested it by sending myelf signed
    emails (on other email addresses I own, and it is there and clearly
    visible).

    What could be going wrong?

    He is also using TB 2.0.0.4, Win XP....

  2. Re: recipient cannot see my digital sig

    stef wrote:
    > TB 2.0.0.4
    > Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > For some reason, this one recipient claims he *cannot* see my digital
    > sig--when I send him a digitally signed email; and my sig/certif does
    > not appear in TB's "Other People's" section under Certificate.
    >
    > I find that very odd because I have tested it by sending myelf signed
    > emails (on other email addresses I own, and it is there and clearly
    > visible).
    >
    > What could be going wrong?
    >
    > He is also using TB 2.0.0.4, Win XP....

    I should add that my sig is signed by a self-signed CA that IS installed
    in that recipient's TB under "Authority".
    His own cert does appear under "Your Certificate".

  3. Re: recipient cannot see my digital sig

    stef wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >> TB 2.0.0.4
    >> Win XP HE
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> For some reason, this one recipient claims he *cannot* see my digital
    >> sig--when I send him a digitally signed email; and my sig/certif does
    >> not appear in TB's "Other People's" section under Certificate.
    >>
    >> I find that very odd because I have tested it by sending myelf signed
    >> emails (on other email addresses I own, and it is there and clearly
    >> visible).
    >>
    >> What could be going wrong?
    >>
    >> He is also using TB 2.0.0.4, Win XP....

    > I should add that my sig is signed by a self-signed CA that IS installed
    > in that recipient's TB under "Authority".
    > His own cert does appear under "Your Certificate".

    The bug listed under Section "Self-signed certificates" here:
    was the
    cause of the problem.
    Installing the Root CA by importing it as a .cer file, bypassed the bug.

+ Reply to Thread