Problem "connection to server timeout"since upgrade to 2.0.0.4 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem "connection to server timeout"since upgrade to 2.0.0.4 - Mozilla ; Hi, I have been having trouble with Thunderbird since I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0.0.4, I am able to check mail from my LAN server but with an external server it as been Impossible, I get the "connection to server ...

  1. Problem "connection to server timeout"since upgrade to 2.0.0.4

    Hi,

    I have been having trouble with Thunderbird since I upgraded from 1.5
    to 2.0.0.4, I am able to check mail from my LAN server but with an
    external server it as been Impossible, I get the "connection to server
    xxxxxx timeout.

    My firewall is turned off so is not a problem with it.

    Any Idea Please?

    I am using Windows XP SP2.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem "connection to server timeout"since upgrade to 2.0.0.4

    JG wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been having trouble with Thunderbird since I upgraded from 1.5
    > to 2.0.0.4, I am able to check mail from my LAN server but with an
    > external server it as been Impossible, I get the "connection to server
    > xxxxxx timeout.
    >
    > My firewall is turned off so is not a problem with it.
    >
    > Any Idea Please?
    >
    > I am using Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Maybe the external server has a firewall?

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  3. Re: Problem "connection to server timeout"since upgrade to 2.0.0.4

    I had the same problem and eventually found that an anti-spyware program was
    the cause. Subsequently another update by either Thunderbird or my
    anti-virus program (don't know which!) caused a failure to send to the smtp
    server. Disabling that module in the Virus program (Bitdefender) cured
    that.

    Peter

    "JG" wrote in message
    news:1184258025.365168.7520@k79g2000hse.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been having trouble with Thunderbird since I upgraded from 1.5
    > to 2.0.0.4, I am able to check mail from my LAN server but with an
    > external server it as been Impossible, I get the "connection to server
    > xxxxxx timeout.
    >
    > My firewall is turned off so is not a problem with it.
    >
    > Any Idea Please?
    >
    > I am using Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread