POP Certificate Has Expired - Mozilla

This is a discussion on POP Certificate Has Expired - Mozilla ; This morning I received the following error message: Server Certificate Expired. It went on to say that my POP site using SSL has expired and didn't give me any options to correct the problem. When I went to Options and ...

  1. POP Certificate Has Expired

    This morning I received the following error
    message: Server Certificate Expired. It went on
    to say that my POP site using SSL has expired and
    didn't give me any options to correct the problem.
    When I went to Options and Certificates, it
    didn't show any certificates or any expired
    certificates. When I Googled the issue, I saw
    that it comes up quite a bit, but didn't see any
    fix that made sense to me (a novice T'bird user).
    How can I correct this so I can again receive my
    emails through a POP account? Thanks

  2. Re: POP Certificate Has Expired

    BAGs wrote:
    > This morning I received the following error
    > message: Server Certificate Expired. It went on
    > to say that my POP site using SSL has expired and
    > didn't give me any options to correct the problem.
    > When I went to Options and Certificates, it
    > didn't show any certificates or any expired
    > certificates. When I Googled the issue, I saw
    > that it comes up quite a bit, but didn't see any
    > fix that made sense to me (a novice T'bird user).
    > How can I correct this so I can again receive my
    > emails through a POP account? Thanks

    See this page:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security_E...ficate_Expired

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: POP Certificate Has Expired

    Alex K. wrote:
    > BAGs wrote:
    >> This morning I received the following error
    >> message: Server Certificate Expired. It went on
    >> to say that my POP site using SSL has expired and
    >> didn't give me any options to correct the problem.
    >> When I went to Options and Certificates, it
    >> didn't show any certificates or any expired
    >> certificates. When I Googled the issue, I saw
    >> that it comes up quite a bit, but didn't see any
    >> fix that made sense to me (a novice T'bird user).
    >> How can I correct this so I can again receive my
    >> emails through a POP account? Thanks

    > See this page:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security_E...ficate_Expired

    Alex, thanks. I tried it and it appears to work
    just fine.

  4. Re: POP Certificate Has Expired

    On 7/13/2007 7:04 AM, BAGs wrote:
    > Alex K. wrote:
    >> BAGs wrote:
    >>> This morning I received the following error
    >>> message: Server Certificate Expired. It went on
    >>> to say that my POP site using SSL has expired and
    >>> didn't give me any options to correct the problem.
    >>> When I went to Options and Certificates, it
    >>> didn't show any certificates or any expired
    >>> certificates. When I Googled the issue, I saw
    >>> that it comes up quite a bit, but didn't see any
    >>> fix that made sense to me (a novice T'bird user).
    >>> How can I correct this so I can again receive my
    >>> emails through a POP account? Thanks

    >> See this page:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security_E...ficate_Expired
    >>

    > Alex, thanks. I tried it and it appears to work
    > just fine.

    Be very careful that you do indeed trust the server. In the meantime,
    you should also notify the server's owner that there is an expired
    certificate.

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

+ Reply to Thread