Need to organize address books and work with mailing lists - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Need to organize address books and work with mailing lists - Mozilla ; I'm new to TB, and need to know the best way to organize my address book. 1. I want to create a new address book (or books) and move entries from the large, existing address book to them. What's the ...

  1. Need to organize address books and work with mailing lists

    I'm new to TB, and need to know the best way to organize my address book.

    1. I want to create a new address book (or books) and move entries from
    the large, existing address book to them. What's the best procedure?

    2. Also is there a way to select a mailing list, observe the entries,
    and then select only 1 or 2 mail addresses there for a message that is
    being composed? (The most I can do now is select the entire mailing
    list and then delete unwanted addresses that appear in the message
    composition.)

    --

    Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

    On 7/12/2007 5:21 AM On a whim, TOM BLACKWELL pounded out on the keyboard

    > I'm new to TB, and need to know the best way to organize my address book.
    >
    > 1. I want to create a new address book (or books) and move entries from
    > the large, existing address book to them. What's the best procedure?
    >
    > 2. Also is there a way to select a mailing list, observe the entries,
    > and then select only 1 or 2 mail addresses there for a message that is
    > being composed? (The most I can do now is select the entire mailing
    > list and then delete unwanted addresses that appear in the message
    > composition.)

    In AB, click File, New, Address Book. Then select the addresses in
    Personal (large existing?) and drag them into the folder to the left.
    If you don't SEE any folders to the left, move your cursor to the left
    edge until it turns into a dbl arrow, and drag it to the right.

    For #2, it seems easier to just select individual addresses from a
    folder, otherwise you're defeating the purpose of your list, right?

    --
    Terry R.

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 7/12/2007 5:21 AM On a whim, TOM BLACKWELL pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> I'm new to TB, and need to know the best way to organize my address book.
    >>
    >> 1. I want to create a new address book (or books) and move entries from
    >> the large, existing address book to them. What's the best procedure?
    >>
    >> 2. Also is there a way to select a mailing list, observe the entries,
    >> and then select only 1 or 2 mail addresses there for a message that is
    >> being composed? (The most I can do now is select the entire mailing
    >> list and then delete unwanted addresses that appear in the message
    >> composition.)
    >>

    > In AB, click File, New, Address Book. Then select the addresses in
    > Personal (large existing?) and drag them into the folder to the left.
    > If you don't SEE any folders to the left, move your cursor to the left
    > edge until it turns into a dbl arrow, and drag it to the right.
    >
    > For #2, it seems easier to just select individual addresses from a
    > folder, otherwise you're defeating the purpose of your list, right?

    This works great & I appreciate the answer.

    In #2 - I am used to procedures in the old Netscape, where you can
    examine the contents of a folder and select any one of the entries when
    composing an EMail. It seems the same function just works differently
    with Thunderbird, where an Address Book, not just a folder, is required.

    --

    Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

+ Reply to Thread