Deleting newsgroup messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Deleting newsgroup messages - Mozilla ; Is there a way to delete newsgroup messages, la Pam? Many newsgroups get spam messages that I don't particularly want to see in the list......

  1. Deleting newsgroup messages

    Is there a way to delete newsgroup messages, la Pam? Many newsgroups
    get spam messages that I don't particularly want to see in the list...

  2. Re: Deleting newsgroup messages

    Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    > Is there a way to delete newsgroup messages, la Pam? Many newsgroups
    > get spam messages that I don't particularly want to see in the list...

    you can't. The messages are stored on the server, and you
    don't have server privileges. Unless you download them for
    offline viewing then you can.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Deleting newsgroup messages

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    >> Is there a way to delete newsgroup messages, la Pam? Many newsgroups
    >> get spam messages that I don't particularly want to see in the list...

    > you can't. The messages are stored on the server, and you don't have
    > server privileges. Unless you download them for offline viewing then
    > you can.

    At least, can I delete them from the list of messages that I see?

  4. Re: Deleting newsgroup messages

    Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to delete newsgroup messages, la Pam? Many
    >>> newsgroups get spam messages that I don't particularly want to see in
    >>> the list...

    >> you can't. The messages are stored on the server, and you don't have
    >> server privileges. Unless you download them for offline viewing then
    >> you can.
    >>

    > At least, can I delete them from the list of messages that I see?

    Right-click and mark them as read.

  5. Re: Deleting newsgroup messages

    On 7/12/2007 10:52 AM On a whim, EE pounded out on the keyboard

    > Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> you can't. The messages are stored on the server, and you don't have
    >>> server privileges. Unless you download them for offline viewing then
    >>> you can.
    >>>

    >> At least, can I delete them from the list of messages that I see?

    > Right-click and mark them as read.

    Ctrl-Shift-C marks the entire group as read.

    And change your View settings to Thread-Unread instead of Thread-All.

    --
    Terry R.