TB Skin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB Skin - Mozilla ; The TB default appearance is quite nice. Is there a way to lighten it up just a tad? The gray part only. -- Just West Of Nowhere Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com 7/11/2007 7:04:46 PM CST...

  1. TB Skin

    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    7/11/2007 7:04:46 PM CST

  2. Re: TB Skin

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > The TB default appearance is quite nice. Is there a way to lighten
    > it up just a tad? The gray part only.

    If you don't find a theme to your liking, and you don't want (or aren't able)
    to write a whole new theme for yourself, you can tweak the appearance of any
    part of your brwser's decorations using CSS. That job can be divided into the
    following parts:

    - Learn the CSS language. This falls outside the scope of this post but you'll
    probably be able to find some good book about CSS at your friendly
    neighbourhood computer bookshop.

    - Find the name of what you want to change, and what you want to change it to.
    THe DOM inspector component is an invaluable tool there. It is distributed
    with Thunderbird but not always installed. If it _is_ installed, you'll see it
    listed among your Extensions.

    - Make the changes. The user style sheet doesn't exist by default, it is named
    userChrome.css and it is in the chrome subdirectory of your folder. There are
    two main ways to do this:
    - With the ChromEdit extension, or with MR Tech Local Install (which
    includes, among others, the functionality of chromEdit), use "Tools =>
    ChromEdit" or "Tools => Edit My Config => Chrome Editor".
    - Otherwise, locate your profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
    may help you there), go to its chrome subdirectory, and create or edit
    userChrome.css there using any plaintext editor (such as gvim, WordPad, kedit,
    ....)

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go in the cart!
    CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.

  3. Re: TB Skin

    On Or About Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:20:08 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Tony Mechelynck Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> The TB default appearance is quite nice. Is there a way to lighten
    >> it up just a tad? The gray part only.
    >>

    > If you don't find a theme to your liking, and you don't want (or aren't able)
    > to write a whole new theme for yourself, you can tweak the appearance of any
    > part of your brwser's decorations using CSS. That job can be divided into the
    > following parts:
    >
    > - Learn the CSS language. This falls outside the scope of this post but you'll
    > probably be able to find some good book about CSS at your friendly
    > neighbourhood computer bookshop.
    >
    > - Find the name of what you want to change, and what you want to change it to.
    > THe DOM inspector component is an invaluable tool there. It is distributed
    > with Thunderbird but not always installed. If it _is_ installed, you'll see it
    > listed among your Extensions.
    >
    > - Make the changes. The user style sheet doesn't exist by default, it is named
    > userChrome.css and it is in the chrome subdirectory of your folder. There are
    > two main ways to do this:
    > - With the ChromEdit extension, or with MR Tech Local Install (which
    > includes, among others, the functionality of chromEdit), use "Tools =>
    > ChromEdit" or "Tools => Edit My Config => Chrome Editor".
    > - Otherwise, locate your profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
    > may help you there), go to its chrome subdirectory, and create or edit
    > userChrome.css there using any plaintext editor (such as gvim, WordPad, kedit,
    > ...)
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    Thank You very much for the info. I'm in the ball park now.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    7/11/2007 9:02:55 PM CST

  4. Re: TB Skin

    On Or About Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:20:08 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Tony Mechelynck Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> The TB default appearance is quite nice. Is there a way to lighten
    >> it up just a tad? The gray part only.
    >>

    > If you don't find a theme to your liking, and you don't want (or aren't able)
    > to write a whole new theme for yourself, you can tweak the appearance of any
    > part of your brwser's decorations using CSS. That job can be divided into the
    > following parts:
    >
    > - Learn the CSS language. This falls outside the scope of this post but you'll
    > probably be able to find some good book about CSS at your friendly
    > neighbourhood computer bookshop.
    >
    > - Find the name of what you want to change, and what you want to change it to.
    > THe DOM inspector component is an invaluable tool there. It is distributed
    > with Thunderbird but not always installed. If it _is_ installed, you'll see it
    > listed among your Extensions.
    >
    > - Make the changes. The user style sheet doesn't exist by default, it is named
    > userChrome.css and it is in the chrome subdirectory of your folder. There are
    > two main ways to do this:
    > - With the ChromEdit extension, or with MR Tech Local Install (which
    > includes, among others, the functionality of chromEdit), use "Tools =>
    > ChromEdit" or "Tools => Edit My Config => Chrome Editor".
    > - Otherwise, locate your profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
    > may help you there), go to its chrome subdirectory, and create or edit
    > userChrome.css there using any plaintext editor (such as gvim, WordPad, kedit,
    > ...)
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    Got it, job done. Thanks again.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    7/11/2007 9:38:24 PM CST

  5. Re: TB Skin

    On 7/11/2007 7:38 PM On a whim, Old Gringo pounded out on the keyboard

    > On Or About Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:20:08 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, Tony Mechelynck Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    > wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> The TB default appearance is quite nice. Is there a way to lighten
    >>> it up just a tad? The gray part only.
    >>>

    >> If you don't find a theme to your liking, and you don't want (or aren't able)
    >> to write a whole new theme for yourself, you can tweak the appearance of any
    >> part of your brwser's decorations using CSS. That job can be divided into the
    >> following parts:
    >>
    >> - Learn the CSS language. This falls outside the scope of this post but you'll
    >> probably be able to find some good book about CSS at your friendly
    >> neighbourhood computer bookshop.
    >>
    >> - Find the name of what you want to change, and what you want to change it to.
    >> THe DOM inspector component is an invaluable tool there. It is distributed
    >> with Thunderbird but not always installed. If it _is_ installed, you'll see it
    >> listed among your Extensions.
    >>
    >> - Make the changes. The user style sheet doesn't exist by default, it is named
    >> userChrome.css and it is in the chrome subdirectory of your folder. There are
    >> two main ways to do this:
    >> - With the ChromEdit extension, or with MR Tech Local Install (which
    >> includes, among others, the functionality of chromEdit), use "Tools =>
    >> ChromEdit" or "Tools => Edit My Config => Chrome Editor".
    >> - Otherwise, locate your profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
    >> may help you there), go to its chrome subdirectory, and create or edit
    >> userChrome.css there using any plaintext editor (such as gvim, WordPad, kedit,
    >> ...)
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >> Tony.

    > Got it, job done. Thanks again.

    Care to share the hack performed?

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: TB Skin

    On Or About Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:13:55 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Terry R. Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > On 7/11/2007 7:38 PM On a whim, Old Gringo pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> On Or About Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:20:08 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, Tony Mechelynck Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    >>> If you don't find a theme to your liking, and you don't want (or aren't able)
    >>> to write a whole new theme for yourself, you can tweak the appearance of any
    >>> part of your brwser's decorations using CSS. That job can be divided into the
    >>> following parts:
    >>>
    >>> - Learn the CSS language. This falls outside the scope of this post but you'll
    >>> probably be able to find some good book about CSS at your friendly
    >>> neighbourhood computer bookshop.
    >>>
    >>> - Find the name of what you want to change, and what you want to change it to.
    >>> THe DOM inspector component is an invaluable tool there. It is distributed
    >>> with Thunderbird but not always installed. If it _is_ installed, you'll see it
    >>> listed among your Extensions.
    >>>
    >>> - Make the changes. The user style sheet doesn't exist by default, it is named
    >>> userChrome.css and it is in the chrome subdirectory of your folder. There are
    >>> two main ways to do this:
    >>> - With the ChromEdit extension, or with MR Tech Local Install (which
    >>> includes, among others, the functionality of chromEdit), use "Tools =>
    >>> ChromEdit" or "Tools => Edit My Config => Chrome Editor".
    >>> - Otherwise, locate your profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
    >>> may help you there), go to its chrome subdirectory, and create or edit
    >>> userChrome.css there using any plaintext editor (such as gvim, WordPad, kedit,
    >>> ...)
    >>>
    >>> Best regards,
    >>> Tony.

    >> Got it, job done. Thanks again.

    > Care to share the hack performed?

    Changed E47833 to C0C0C0 Medium gray to light gray.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    7/11/2007 10:58:32 PM CST

  7. Re: TB Skin

    On 7/11/2007 9:00 PM On a whim, Old Gringo pounded out on the keyboard

    > On Or About Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:13:55 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, Terry R. Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    > The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:
    >
    >> On 7/11/2007 7:38 PM On a whim, Old Gringo pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> On Or About Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:20:08 +0200, Without Any Hesitation
    >>> Or Thinking Twice, Tony Mechelynck Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And

    >>> Got it, job done. Thanks again.

    >> Care to share the hack performed?

    > Changed E47833 to C0C0C0 Medium gray to light gray.

    What was the CSS coding used for that (the entire line you added)?

    --
    Terry R.