Getting connected - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Getting connected - Mozilla ; I am trying to dump windows mail having just bought a computer with vista pre installed. I used Thunderbird successfully on my old computer but when I try to connect with the new one I get the message enter your ...

  1. Getting connected

    I am trying to dump windows mail having just bought a computer with vista
    pre installed.

    I used Thunderbird successfully on my old computer but when I try to connect
    with the new one I get the message enter your password for ( my email
    address )
    and then almost immediately an error message "sendin the user name did not
    succeed, mail server responded time limit exceeded

    can anyone help me, please

    Alan Seymour

  2. Re: Getting connected

    I use Thunderbird 1.5.0.12, Office Outlook 2007 and Windows Mail (as a
    newsreader) on Windows Vista. What are you doing to "dump windows mail?" As
    with Outlook Express, it can't be removed. I suggest rechecking your ISP's
    settings. Did you remove the Account in Windows Mail?
    "Alan Seymour" wrote in message
    news:3KSdnVqPZJ2cvgjbnZ2dnUVZ_smonZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I am trying to dump windows mail having just bought a computer with vista
    >pre installed.
    >
    > I used Thunderbird successfully on my old computer but when I try to
    > connect with the new one I get the message enter your password for ( my
    > email address )
    > and then almost immediately an error message "sendin the user name did
    > not succeed, mail server responded time limit exceeded
    >
    > can anyone help me, please
    >
    > Alan Seymour

+ Reply to Thread