Corrupt Mailbox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Corrupt Mailbox - Mozilla ; psauven wrote: > I cannot access the Inbox on on eof my accounts. Does anyone know of a > utility that can repair corrupted files ? > I have tried copying, exporting etc but to no avail. > Is it ...

  1. Re: Corrupt Mailbox

    psauven wrote:
    > I cannot access the Inbox on on eof my accounts. Does anyone know of a
    > utility that can repair corrupted files ?
    > I have tried copying, exporting etc but to no avail.

    Is it the mailbox or the index file which is corrupted? Access problems
    are usually solved by finding the .msf file associated with the folder,
    deleting it and restarting TB whereupon it builds itself a new index
    file and harmony is restored to the world. Alternatively you could try
    right clicking the folder, choosing properties and then Rebuild Index
    but IME that doesn't always work.

    Tony

  2. Corrupt Mailbox

    I cannot access the Inbox on on eof my accounts. Does anyone know of a
    utility that can repair corrupted files ?
    I have tried copying, exporting etc but to no avail.

    Regards
    Peter

  3. Re: Corrupt Mailbox

    Thanks Tony

    Did exactly what you suggested and all has returned to
    normal.

    "Tony Raven" wrote in message
    > psauven wrote:
    >> I cannot access the Inbox on on eof my accounts. Does anyone know of a
    >> utility that can repair corrupted files ?
    >> I have tried copying, exporting etc but to no avail.
    >>

    > Is it the mailbox or the index file which is corrupted? Access problems
    > are usually solved by finding the .msf file associated with the folder,
    > deleting it and restarting TB whereupon it builds itself a new index file
    > and harmony is restored to the world. Alternatively you could try right
    > clicking the folder, choosing properties and then Rebuild Index but IME
    > that doesn't always work.
    >
    > Tony

  4. Re: Corrupt Mailbox

    psauven wrote:
    > Thanks Tony
    >
    > Did exactly what you suggested and all has returned to
    > normal.

    Which of the two options worked: (1) deleted MSF or (2)Rebuild from menu.

    ~~~ Dan 0;-/

+ Reply to Thread