Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox - Mozilla ; Is there a way to set TB to open firefox when I click on a link without changing the system default on winxp? I need to keep IE the default for another program, but I want to click on links ...

  1. Firefox

    Is there a way to set TB to open firefox when I click on a link
    without changing the system default on winxp? I need to keep IE the
    default for another program, but I want to click on links in tb and
    open them in firefox.
    jmccay

  2. Re: Firefox

    jmccay wrote:
    > Is there a way to set TB to open firefox when I click on a link
    > without changing the system default on winxp? I need to keep IE the
    > default for another program, but I want to click on links in tb and
    > open them in firefox.
    > jmccay

    Perhaps the "launchy" add-on will do this?

    Ann W.

    --
    Remove the FISH from the net to reply

  3. Re: Firefox

    jmccay wrote:
    > Is there a way to set TB to open firefox when I click on a link
    > without changing the system default on winxp? I need to keep IE the
    > default for another program, but I want to click on links in tb and
    > open them in firefox.
    > jmccay

    Reverse your thinking... Set FireFox as the default. Then download the
    IE Tab Add-on for FireFox. This Add-on will allow FF to open a new FF
    tab, but which looks just like Internet Exploder. When you come upon an
    website that appears to need IE, you have the option to add it to the IE
    Tab list, and the tab will then take on the required characteristics. I
    have not found a site yet that requires native IE. This is a great Add-on.

    Tom

+ Reply to Thread