javascript settings - Mozilla

This is a discussion on javascript settings - Mozilla ; TB 2.0 Win XP HE Hi, I want to make sure javascript is disabled in TB and looking in about :config, I found the line: javascript.enabled set to "true". I have toggled it to "false" but thinking about it, I'm ...

  1. javascript settings

    TB 2.0
    Win XP HE

    Hi,

    I want to make sure javascript is disabled in TB and looking in
    about:config, I found the line: javascript.enabled set to "true".

    I have toggled it to "false" but thinking about it, I'm not sure what
    that setting controls as apparently, the critical line is:
    javascript.allow.mailnews according to:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Javascript.allow.mailnews

    I am talking about having javascript *disabled* both in newsgroups
    messages and emails.

    Can anyone take a look at my settings and let me know if correct or not?

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/2jqrrl

    Thanks!

  2. Re: javascript settings

    On 7/9/2007 7:39 PM, stef wrote:
    > TB 2.0
    > Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to make sure javascript is disabled in TB and looking in
    > about:config, I found the line: javascript.enabled set to "true".
    >
    > I have toggled it to "false" but thinking about it, I'm not sure what
    > that setting controls as apparently, the critical line is:
    > javascript.allow.mailnews according to:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Javascript.allow.mailnews
    >
    > I am talking about having javascript *disabled* both in newsgroups
    > messages and emails.
    >
    > Can anyone take a look at my settings and let me know if correct or not?
    >

    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2jqrrl
    >
    > Thanks!

    The config entry you want is javascript.allow.mailnews; set it to false;
    it defaults to "false"

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: javascript settings

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 7/9/2007 7:39 PM, stef wrote:
    >
    > The config entry you want is javascript.allow.mailnews; set it to false;
    > it defaults to "false"

    That's set to fault by default--and it has not changed. What about the
    rest?

    Specifically the "javascript.enabled" that was set to "true" by default
    and that I have toggled to "false".

    Is that OK or toggle back to default ("true")?

  4. Re: javascript settings

    On 7/9/2007 8:30 PM, stef wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 7/9/2007 7:39 PM, stef wrote:
    >>
    >> The config entry you want is javascript.allow.mailnews; set it to
    >> false; it defaults to "false"
    >>

    > That's set to fault by default--and it has not changed. What about the
    > rest?
    >
    > Specifically the "javascript.enabled" that was set to "true" by default
    > and that I have toggled to "false".
    >
    > Is that OK or toggle back to default ("true")?

    Yes. That pref. is for FF; infact, I believe all of the others are for
    FF and/or Seamonkey browser.

    --
    Irwin

  5. Re: javascript settings

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 7/9/2007 8:30 PM, stef wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>> On 7/9/2007 7:39 PM, stef wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The config entry you want is javascript.allow.mailnews; set it to
    >>> false; it defaults to "false"
    >>>

    >> That's set to fault by default--and it has not changed. What about
    >> the rest?
    >>
    >> Specifically the "javascript.enabled" that was set to "true" by
    >> default and that I have toggled to "false".
    >>
    >> Is that OK or toggle back to default ("true")?

    > Yes. That pref. is for FF; infact, I believe all of the others are for
    > FF and/or Seamonkey browser.

    You're right; and I did go back to previous setting. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread