Thunderbird and Paperport - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird and Paperport - Mozilla ; Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11 (Scansoft/Nuance)? I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it doesn't work. I even tried -compose. Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved? _______________________ Later, ...

  1. Thunderbird and Paperport

    Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11
    (Scansoft/Nuance)?

    I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it
    doesn't work. I even tried -compose.

    Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved?

    _______________________
    Later,
    LHenry
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

  2. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    On 7/6/2007 5:42 PM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard

    > Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11
    > (Scansoft/Nuance)?
    >
    > I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it
    > doesn't work. I even tried -compose.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved?
    >
    > _______________________
    > Later,
    > LHenry
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    Hi LHenry,

    I had to create crazy things to get Netscape 6/7/Moz to work with PP9 in
    the past. But now I think you can get away with this:

    "E:\Program Files\MozillaThunderbird\thunderbird\thunderbird.e xe"
    -compose attachment=%1

    If you use long file names in the path, enclose it in quotes as above.
    Your path is most likely different.

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    On 7/6/2007 5:42 PM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard

    > Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11
    > (Scansoft/Nuance)?
    >
    > I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it
    > doesn't work. I even tried -compose.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved?
    >
    > _______________________
    > Later,
    > LHenry
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    Also,

    I noticed that I used a batch file to contain the statement. That may
    have been due to PP not allowing parameters entered after the program
    file in the link location. If so, just paste the line into a notepad
    file and name it tb.bat, place it with your other batch files, and point
    PP to it as the program file.

    As a side note, since it's very easy to drag and drop files onto a TB
    Compose window, I didn't see a need to use the link in PP any longer
    (that didn't use to work in Netscape). I just open PP, click on the
    files I want to send and drag them over to my Compose window in TB that
    I already have open and let go.

    --
    Terry R.

  4. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 7/6/2007 5:42 PM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11
    >> (Scansoft/Nuance)?
    >>
    >> I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it
    >> doesn't work. I even tried -compose.
    >>
    >> Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved?
    >>
    >> _______________________
    >> Later,
    >> LHenry
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    > Also,
    >
    > I noticed that I used a batch file to contain the statement. That may
    > have been due to PP not allowing parameters entered after the program
    > file in the link location. If so, just paste the line into a notepad
    > file and name it tb.bat, place it with your other batch files, and point
    > PP to it as the program file.
    >
    > As a side note, since it's very easy to drag and drop files onto a TB
    > Compose window, I didn't see a need to use the link in PP any longer
    > (that didn't use to work in Netscape). I just open PP, click on the
    > files I want to send and drag them over to my Compose window in TB that
    > I already have open and let go.

    Your solution- WORKED PERFECT!
    Thanks so much.

    I am so very disappointed in my PP program. I have been using it for
    years. I am kinda locked in to it, if you know what I mean (.MAX). For
    what it does, I could be using Win explorer and a nice graphics package.

    Again, thank you.
    _______________________
    Later,
    LHenry
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

  5. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    On 7/7/2007 6:17 AM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> On 7/6/2007 5:42 PM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> Has anyone successfully made Thunderbird work with Paperport 11
    >>> (Scansoft/Nuance)?
    >>>
    >>> I tried to make a 'program link' to 'fullpath\Thunderbird.exe' and it
    >>> doesn't work. I even tried -compose.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else seen this issue and can it be resolved?
    >>>
    >>> _______________________
    >>> Later,
    >>> LHenry
    >>> Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    >> Also,
    >>
    >> I noticed that I used a batch file to contain the statement. That may
    >> have been due to PP not allowing parameters entered after the program
    >> file in the link location. If so, just paste the line into a notepad
    >> file and name it tb.bat, place it with your other batch files, and point
    >> PP to it as the program file.
    >>
    >> As a side note, since it's very easy to drag and drop files onto a TB
    >> Compose window, I didn't see a need to use the link in PP any longer
    >> (that didn't use to work in Netscape). I just open PP, click on the
    >> files I want to send and drag them over to my Compose window in TB that
    >> I already have open and let go.
    >>

    > Your solution- WORKED PERFECT!
    > Thanks so much.
    >
    > I am so very disappointed in my PP program. I have been using it for
    > years. I am kinda locked in to it, if you know what I mean (.MAX). For
    > what it does, I could be using Win explorer and a nice graphics package.
    >
    > Again, thank you.
    > _______________________
    > Later,
    > LHenry
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    I agree about PP, and the reason I haven't updated since version 9. I
    converted almost all the MAX files to PDF just in case. And now the
    default is PDF. I use it every day, printing online receipts to PDF and
    the like and have been for years. I just like the PP Desktop being kind
    of like my electronic file cabinet.

    Glad I could help,

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:23:46 -0700, "Terry R."
    wrote:

    >On 7/7/2007 6:17 AM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> On 7/6/2007 5:42 PM On a whim, LHenry pounded out on the keyboard

    >>> Also,
    >>>
    >>> I noticed that I used a batch file to contain the statement. That may
    >>> have been due to PP not allowing parameters entered after the program
    >>> file in the link location. If so, just paste the line into a notepad
    >>> file and name it tb.bat, place it with your other batch files, and point
    >>> PP to it as the program file.
    >>>
    >>> As a side note, since it's very easy to drag and drop files onto a TB
    >>> Compose window, I didn't see a need to use the link in PP any longer
    >>> (that didn't use to work in Netscape). I just open PP, click on the
    >>> files I want to send and drag them over to my Compose window in TB that
    >>> I already have open and let go.
    >>>

    >> Your solution- WORKED PERFECT!
    >> Thanks so much.
    >>
    >> I am so very disappointed in my PP program. I have been using it for
    >> years. I am kinda locked in to it, if you know what I mean (.MAX). For
    >> what it does, I could be using Win explorer and a nice graphics package.
    >>
    >> Again, thank you.
    >> _______________________
    >> Later,
    >> LHenry
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    >I agree about PP, and the reason I haven't updated since version 9. I
    >converted almost all the MAX files to PDF just in case. And now the
    >default is PDF. I use it every day, printing online receipts to PDF and
    >the like and have been for years. I just like the PP Desktop being kind
    >of like my electronic file cabinet.

    Just FYI, PaperPort 11 is a LOT better (and faster) than PaperPort 9.
    I am glad I finally decided to buy the upgrade. I agree one should
    convert all the MAX to PDF (or JPG, depending on the type of file)
    anyway, but scanning into 11 is head and shoulders easier and better
    automated than 9.

  7. Re: Thunderbird and Paperport

    On 7/7/2007 2:44 PM On a whim, Mike Koenecke pounded out on the keyboard

    > On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:23:46 -0700, "Terry R."
    > wrote:

    >>> Your solution- WORKED PERFECT!
    >>> Thanks so much.
    >>>
    >>> I am so very disappointed in my PP program. I have been using it for
    >>> years. I am kinda locked in to it, if you know what I mean (.MAX). For
    >>> what it does, I could be using Win explorer and a nice graphics package.
    >>>
    >>> Again, thank you.
    >>> _______________________
    >>> Later,
    >>> LHenry
    >>> Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

    >> I agree about PP, and the reason I haven't updated since version 9. I
    >> converted almost all the MAX files to PDF just in case. And now the
    >> default is PDF. I use it every day, printing online receipts to PDF and
    >> the like and have been for years. I just like the PP Desktop being kind
    >> of like my electronic file cabinet.

    > Just FYI, PaperPort 11 is a LOT better (and faster) than PaperPort 9.
    > I am glad I finally decided to buy the upgrade. I agree one should
    > convert all the MAX to PDF (or JPG, depending on the type of file)
    > anyway, but scanning into 11 is head and shoulders easier and better
    > automated than 9.

    How, easier and better?

    --
    Terry R.